Support in other languages: 
HDMI
kostadinbal

Re: Maximum amount of RAM on Y570 and Z570

Since it is a blowing cooler and alot of dust gets into the machine I decided to flip the removable vents (had to cut off some plaсtic) and now they suck the air out and by doing so, they create a constant airflow below the machine. I remember that we discussed how this kind of pads can actually interfere the work of the laptop's fan- well that isn't true,because there is enough space between the cooler and the bottom of the laptop so air flows freely in and out.

Actally this improvement gave even better results than the original U2
802.11n
christopherlang

[ Edited ]

The specs are obviously the bottom line as to capabilities/what is supported or not by Lenovo (PSREF etc. as you mention). But it appears that Lenovo specs are not always equal to Intel specs in terms of what Lenovo supports.  I thought my machine (Y530) would support 8gb of memory, the chipset does, and the processor does, but Lenovo doesn't support it in my Y530 (heh and 6gb works instead of the 8gb). Seems most people probably look at Intels doc, then Lenovo's (if they do look at both, I erred here and did not look at the PSREF until after I bought the memory and it didn't work). I thought my machine would support the 8gb of memory, the chipset does, and the processor does, but nope Lenovo doesn't support it. Easy to see how people become annoyed in some situations. And thinking about this further where I bought the memory also said the machine supported 8gb. That adds to it. But maybe I am just restating obvious things on some items.

And when I think about this further that vendor (support) said they had never heard of the PSREF. Can this be?

What's DOS?
sam6502

I have installed 16GB RAM in Z570 without any issues.

Looks like it is based on the Huron River, and that's where the 16GB support comes in.

Punch Card
Sp0rk1859

Lenovo said that a 64GB max msata card would work in the y570. I currently have a 240gb Mushkin Atlas drive in there with smoking fast 550MB transfer rates. They also say 8GB is the max the machine will support. Also BS because I have 16gb(2x8GB) modules in my machine and working. They tell us this stuff so companies buy the more expensive thinkpads, instead of the clearly capable ideapads. They CAN limit this stuff in the BIOS, and usually do. Case in point the Intel VT-X/ept functions that i7 procs support. The first y570 i got this was disabled, and not even an option in the BIOS. Later when i got my new one from an RMA, BIOS 2.12 has the virtualization as an option. Someone must have came to their senses. Hope i could hlep :smileyhappy:

WWAN
indest

sam6502 wrote:

I have installed 16GB RAM in Z570 without any issues.

Looks like it is based on the Huron River, and that's where the 16GB support comes in.

Your not the only one... 16 GB is supported, However, when Lenovo wrote the manual in 2010, an 8 gig ram stick was *practically* non-existant. ...and we all know how much the love to update things.

*word used loosely.

Punch Card
morzechowski

I know its an old post but I guess it will not hurt to reiterate that Z570 will indeed accept 16GB RAM (in 2 modules).

I have decided to chance it and it seems to be working fine. The one I got (very reasonable priced) are Corsair modules (CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9).

Fanfold Paper
elmayiyen

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I installed 2x8 gb ram on my Z570 (i5 2450M according to speccy 2 core 4 thread / Motherboard Intel HM65) Things look good at first but when i try to play games like dota 2, war thunder etc..."spikes/glitches" appeared on screen and total crashes/freezes occured. After 4-5 crashes/freezes i plugged out one of it and everything works just fine. (i tried one by one each of them, RAMs are in good condition)

As an interesting thing, one of these 4-5 crashes, i was in game and i had an error about nvdia graphics kernel bla bla...

What could i do?

RAM specs:

HI-LEVEL
8 GB 1333MHz DDR3 Notebook RAM
HLV-SOPC10600D3/8G
DDR3
1333 MHz
SODIMM

Sorry to revive an old post but I need your help.

Community Moderator
yigit

@elmayiyen

can you try 8+4gb?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Fanfold Paper
elmayiyen

Yes.

I managed to use laptop more than 8+8 -like 30-45 min.- but at the end same glitched screen and freeze. :/

Community Moderator
yigit

sure that the rams are not defected?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com