Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
cool_buzzy

My Ideapad-Y570 laptop with 64 GB SSD does not boot up in 10 seconds as claimed by Lenovo ???

I have recently brought this Lenovo Ideapad Y570 -

But the laptop does not boot up in 10 seconds as claimed by Lenovo, it takes 24-25 seconds to start. Can some1 help me on how can I achieve that under 10 seconds boot-up time.

My Laptop's config is -
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB ), Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 1GB, 8 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz
15.6" HD Glare with integrated camera 1366x768
Integrated 2.0MP Camera, 814GB(750GB SATA + 64GB SSD)
Blu-ray /DVD Combo, 6 Cell Lithium-Ion, Intel 1000 BGN Wireless
Bluetooth Version 2.1 + EDR, HDMI (Out)

Windows Index is 5.9 for my laptop,
Processor - 7.4
Memory(Ram) - 7.6
Graphics for Windows AERO - 5.9
Gaming graphics - 6.7
Primary hard disk - 6.9.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: My Ideapad-Y570 laptop with 64 GB SSD does not boot up in 10 seconds as claimed by Lenovo ???

hey cool_buzzy,

could you provide me the link that mentions the Y570 being able to boot up in 10 seconds ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
cool_buzzy

Re: My Ideapad-Y570 laptop with 64 GB SSD does not boot up in 10 seconds as claimed by Lenovo ???

Here is the link which says that Lenovo Y570 boots up in under 10 seconds. - 

http://rapidboot.com/us/#/products

Here is another link where Lenovo boasts about the boot up time -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK1ZXMXFIbw

Paper Tape
thecomebackkid

Go into your BIOS and assess your settings. (Press F2 during start up)

For example, I would modify the boot order and have your hard drive boot first and then the non-essentials in order of priority. Aso, there are features that 64BIT machines can take advantage of, make sure those are enabled in the BIOS as well.

Paper Tape
cool_buzzy

My boot order in BIOS is

1 st the 64 GB solid state drive

then my 750 GB hard disk.

I could not figure out which options in BIOS allows u to take advantage of 64 bit OS in achieving fast boot-up , 

I suppose Lenovo had manipulated their system just to mislead people into believing that their laptops can boot up in under 10 seconds.

I never expected this from a company like Lenovo.

Paper Tape
thecomebackkid

Your boot order looks fine to me. I did notice on the product page it said Lenovo has optimized the BIOS. Not sure what that means.

You said this is a new machine. Perhaps Windows is still applying updates? Or you've got too many start up items? I can't think of anything else...

What's DOS?
Psublime

They didn't lie to you, cool down, you just don't have your OS on your SSD. I am currently looking into what files I need to store on my SSD, but I know that that is your problem. Take everything but your OS off your SSD and you should see dramatic results.

Punch Card
fruchtblase

Psublime wrote:

They didn't lie to you, cool down, you just don't have your OS on your SSD. I am currently looking into what files I need to store on my SSD, but I know that that is your problem. Take everything but your OS off your SSD and you should see dramatic results.

Isn't that the exact thing that this "Rapid Storage" technology is supposed to do? 

In my opinion, the laptop should boot up in 10 seconds with factory settings.