Accepted Solution

My PC doesnt start up.

Boot doesn't work. Erros:
"""
PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: exiting broadcom PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
"""

This began, when I turned off my PC, and when I was turning on, windows7 recommended me to repair start up, and I did it. I restarted my machine, and didn't boot.

I read in the forum that one solution was to disable Network Boot, I tryed this, and the errors disappear, but still doesn't boot.

And says:
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Can you help me ?

My device:
Lenovo Ideal Pad Y570
Model Name: 0862

OBS: My system is Windows7 Home Prem OA

Thank you for your attention.

802.11n
fiesta

Re: My PC doesnt start up.

Hi there!

Please locate the One Key Recovery button and power up unit from there.

it should bring you into the Recovery enviroment and follow these steps:

1. One Key Recovery

2. Restore From Initial Back Up

Make sure unit is plugged in... post back if issue persists.

Good luck!

Cheers

What's DOS?
ichiii

Thank you so much Fiesta,

Works finally ! But one thing, my has been formated, and I tryed a HD RECOVERY program (in case PC Inspector File Recovery) and no sucess, can you recomend anyone? (that works with SSD and Sata hard drivers).

What's DOS?
ichiii

Another problem is that i run Windows experience index, and before format  my data tranfer rate was 6.9, and now is only 5.9, if I am not wrong, 5.9 is for sata drivers not for SSD...

Punch Card
legnum7

i hope you tried to disconnect and reconnect hdd and ssd, starve the laptop of power etc. before applying fiestas extremely moronic suggestion.
now go to support site and download and install all the latest drivers and software for your laptop and hope lenovo recovery restored the system right and didnt completely rewrite hdd or else say goodbye to any possible chance of restoring anything of it.
best thing to do would be to send it back to shop, to see if they can get something back.
wish you luck
Token Ring
Kris237

The repair startup probably screwed things up.

I would grab my nearest friendly bootable CD/DVD that has some sort of standalone disk management software on it and see it there is actually a bootable partition present on your SSD or HD. ( I have to press F12 to access the standalone optical, as I recall)

I use Acronis Disk director, but I also keep copies of thigs like Macrium reflect, magic partition mini ptn mgr, linux, easus, etc.

fiesta

legnum7 wrote:
i hope you tried to disconnect and reconnect hdd and ssd, starve the laptop of power etc. before applying fiestas extremely moronic suggestion.
now go to support site and download and install all the latest drivers and software for your laptop and hope lenovo recovery restored the system right and didnt completely rewrite hdd or else say goodbye to any possible chance of restoring anything of it.
best thing to do would be to send it back to shop, to see if they can get something back.
wish you luck

*moronic suggestion*...? how very classy of you, i am impressed.

...........................................................................................................

Dear ichiii,

You can't send it back to the shop if you have formatted disc, any software issue has fallen out of warranty.

Kindly clarify if you are able to boot up properly now and which issues persist exactly.

Paper Tape
imperial7

i im having the same problem, the laptop doesnt start up, but the one key recovery doesnt work, i tried all that can do  but nothing happens. and i dont know how to resolve this problem, because here in Costa Rica, the tech support of lenovo is very bad!!!

can you help me??