Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
paundnes

My Y570 runs WoW and Diablo 3 on very low FPS

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

About 6 Months I got my Y570 and I used to play WoW smoothly with Ultra Settings at 40 fps. That changed at some point and now I need to play WoW on Low Settings ( at about 20 fps ) and I'm not able to play Diablo 3 at the lowest settings ( got around 25 fps while not doing anything, around 5-15 fps when casting and fighting against mobs ).

Here's what I've already tried out:

- Clean Install Windows 7 ( http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y570-Clean-Install-Guide/td-p/... )

- Switched between Power Management Settings

- checked the nVidia Control settings for the Games ( also changed the Energy Management there to Maximum Performance )

- It's not overheating ( around 65° while not doing anything, at 75-80° when playing Games )

- Tried out 301.24 beta nVidia drivers

Can anyone please help or give some advice? I'm basically frustrated right now. I'm having this issue since a few weeks now but I just realized how bad it actually is with the release of Diablo 3.

Also let me know if you need any more Information about my Computer specs or anything, I will provide anything needed. Thanks in advance!

HDMI
kostadinbal

Re: My Y570 runs WoW and Diablo 3 on very low FPS

Comparing it to my Y570 (i7 2GB video) when I play Skyrim on high settings my GPU hits 65 celsius and my cpu -80-85. So I think that the major problem with your machine ( and probably all Y570 after some time ) is the thermal paste- the stock one probably isn't good. But you have to be careful about opening your laptop, because it will void your warranty. This is only a guess. I see some glitches in the picture when I play demanding games for more than an hour straight, so I'm really cautious.

On my old laptop, after 3 years of intensive using I had to change the paste, because my old GPU was giving me black screen. After this intervention , the laptop cooled down with 3-4 degrees and the ATi started working.

This is my experience with laptops so far, hope it is usefull

What's DOS?
Rokko

I have same trouble. Low fps and lags even when GPU usage 40-50%.
Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi paundnes

Have you tried updating BIOS and Intel Chipset? 

Have a nice day! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

Dolby Home Theater v4 ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet

Punch Card
paundnes

[ Edited ]

Hello Peter

I just updated my Intel Chipset drivers, but not the BIOS. Do you maybe have a link for me, I've never updated a BIOS before :-)

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

EDIT: So I tried to install this BIOS Update ( http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS027242 ) and it says "The Version of ROM file isn't newer than that of BIOS." .

I have no clue what that means, can someone help me please?

Guru
PeterTWJ

Any difference when running on AC or battery?

Have a nice day! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

Dolby Home Theater v4 ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet

Retired Employee
NINE

hi paundnes,

I was just checking up on your case and remebered that there was some sort of a fix to help out user facin more less the issue you've faced, you may want to check the link below.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT062695

Do let me know how it goes.

regards

Punch Card
paundnes

[ Edited ]

@Peter: It doesn't make any difference if the laptop is running on AC or battery.

@Nine: I tried this out. So this GPU Activity Panel only shows up for me when I have 296.10 and 286.xx (stock drivers) drivers installed I think. It doesn't show up with the new 301 beta drivers but I don't think this might be a problem.I also tried out the other things but still no solution.

What I've noticed while playing games and running GPU-Z in the background is, that the GPU Load Percentage goes down to almost 0 when I'm lagging inside the Game. It just goes up and down with the lag coming and going.

I can post a screenshot if needed. Any idea on this one?

The GPU Temperature is maxed at 80 degrees, with around 75 Average while playing and Lowest at 40 while doing nothing. The Highest CPU Temperature is also at around 80 degrees. Is it a overheating problem? I don't think so because I saw posts in this forum with 95 degrees?!

Punch Card
Sp0rk1859

Definitely sounds like a thermal problem, once it heats to 80 or so, it kicks off and when it drops below that and on and on, that's the spike you're seeing. I too have Diablo 3, and when i try run it it black screens, and the only thing that will save my computer is hitting the pwer to put it in sleep mode, lol. Then the wifi is screwed when i  come back outta sleep mode. There is a 2.10 bios out there you should get that one if you can it solved lots of the stuttering problems.

What's DOS?
Darkhalf

Did you check your Thermal Configuration? I was having the same problem and just changing it back to Standard got me 60fps completely stable with most options set to high (except shadows, as it looks designed just to be a GPU killer)