Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WWAN
OKR-MAN

Re: My new u310 gives really low speeds on wifi

Dear Lenovo User ,

1. Please connect your other laptop as wired connection and create Ad-hoc network and enable internet share.  Then connect the SSID you are created with  U310 laptop. Check the download speed. Let us see the results. Why do we do this  test becuase  we can understand if there is inconsistency between your modem and U310 laptop. 

Setup will be look like 

setup.PNG

Windows 7

1. Click on the ‘Start’ button and then the “Control Panel” option

adhoc 1.jpg

2. Click the “Network and Sharing Center”

adhoc 2.jpg

3. Click the “Set up a new wireless connection or network” option

adhoc 3.jpg

4. Scroll to the bottom of the window and Click “Set up a wireless ad hoc
(computer-to-computer) network”. Click the “Next” button.

adhoc 4.jpg

5. Click the “Next” Button

adhoc 5.jpg

6. From the Security Type drop down menu select “WEP”. Provide a network name
and password. Be sure to click on ‘Save this network’ so it is available for you to
activate next time. Click the “Next” button.

adhoc 6.jpg

7. Once your Ad Hoc network deploys, you will be presented with the screen below.
Click the “Close” button.

adhoc7.PNG

Ad Hoc Network Set

Thanks 

Punch Card
chinanrazvan

Betreff: Lenovo U410 problems connecting to wireless network

Hello, i have more or less the same problem. I bought my u410 a few days ago from mediamarkt berlin, and it appears to have a broadcom 802.11n network adapter (model 43xx) although customer support told me i have a liteon card...It is funnz because on drivers page there is no broadcom, just liteon, intel, etc.

The wifi connection is just....beyond words...either it disconnects, or if i am lucky and it does connect the speed is amazing...so sloooooow !!!

i tried all possible solutions, new drivers, old drivers, uninstalled, etc...

It is frustrating to have a new machine and a junk of a wifi card, not only this but everybody seems to have the same problem and lenovo just does not care. Lenovo - first and last time ! Never again !!!!

Retired Employee
NINE

hi all,

To those that have sent me their PM, Thank you so much for the information.This really helps. I've informed the teams and now awaiting the feed back. To those that are have the intel wireless installed on your machine please do Pm me your details and i'd like to get the teams instigating this further.

Do let me me know

Ctrl-Alt-Del
amitvach

Hi,

My question is why should I bother to do all this when I have paid a lot of money to buy a laptop from a reputed brand. 

This is definitely a hardware problem that Lenovo does not want to admit to and wants to wash it's hands off the issue. 

I have three other devices that run on the same wifi network and all of them are connecting perfectly to the network. 

I would rather have a qualified technician from Lenovo conducting these tests. Not all users are hardware geeks and networking experts. 

Amit

Token Ring
packrat

I think the previous post has some truth in it. Otherwise, for me a bios without wifi whitelist bios would be enough (if not the antenna wiring is faulty) because either of the wifi cards assembled in the notebook are very good. (e.g.. they can't use 5GHz networks).

I don't even understand why better cards had to be blacklisted.

I hope they come up with some solution soon, because besides that I really like this machine.

Regards,

R.

Retired Employee
NINE

Hi all,

I'd like to correct my post earlier... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To those that have sent me their PM, Thank you so much for the information.This really helps. I've informed the teams and now awaiting the feed back. To those that are have the intel wireless installed on your machine please do Pm me your details and i'd like to get the teams instigating this further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should have read, i'd like to get the teams investigating this further.

My apologies for the inconvenience cause.

Hope to hear from you.

What's DOS?
acegoot

[ Edited ]

Nine,

I have a new IdeaPad U310 - Model 43752BU

Serial Number: QBxxxxxxxx

SMBios Version 2.7

(I'm not a technical person, so I'm guessing I found the right chipset info;

Intel 7 Series/C216 PCI Express Root Port1-1E10, Port 2-1E12, Port3-1E14. SMBus Host Controller- 1E22)

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Wirless Card: Intel Centrino 2200 Version 15.0.0.75

(I also see listed a Realtek PCIe FE Family Conroller and two Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapters, but have no idea what they are or what they do.)

We attempted to update the Wireless Card driver, but found no available updates.

That's all I can figure out to help you.  Let me know what else you need and I'll try and comply.)

My name is Mike Goot and I live in San Miguel de Allende, in Mexico.

Moderator Note; s/n and personal information edited for member's own protection

Punch Card
azkyeh

PackRat

You said you have the u410 ultrabook model. Isnt the wifi card supposed to be a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200BGN

and not an Atheros one? I'm asking cause i ordered one too and worried about the wifi issues that are being reported on this forum

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

amitvach,

I appreciate your point that the system should work well right out of the box.  

We are looking into what is being reported here and Lenovo has previously responded in the thread.  Some of the feedback has been very detailed in terms of speeds encountered and configuration details - it will just help us to narrow down the issue if we can get detailed information from multiple customers.

All,

As the discussion continues, could you confirm some additional information:

1) connectivity speed you are experiencing

2) Whether you have the intel, Broadcom or Atheros card in your config

3) Results if you connect to same router via wired ethernet

4) Whether on AC or battery during your test (we can look into power managment settings )

5) What model router you are connecting to and how far away you are

6) What type of network security you are using - WEP or WPA2, etc

This, along with the information you already provided Nine will help us a lot..

Thanks!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Token Ring
packrat

Hi Azkyeh,

I have this model but only with 500GB of HDD and Atheros card: U410

Based on Intel-s recommendation, or how should I say, an ultrabook should have the following technologies:

Ultrabook technologies (and of course size, weight and battery life)

So it has to have compatible processor, and an SSD cache. Mine has these feature but antitheft (but as far as I know, none of the models have antitheft features, correct me if I'm wrong).

I think wifi card choice depends on the country you are buying it. But as in the forum you can see, this Intel card has same issues as well.