Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
lamecake

Re: My new u310 gives really low speeds on wifi

Does anybody know if i can use any of the following Intel mini pci-e WLan cards in the U410?;

Centrino Advanced-N 6235

Centrino Advanced-N 6230

Advanced N Wifi Link 6200

Centrino Ultimate-N 6300

Nothing else is available in my country for purchase. The Mardware Maintenance Manual doesnt list anything other than the Intel 2200N. (aside from crap cybartan/liteon/atheros models, which i can also not find for purchase)

Token Ring
packrat

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My first try was Advanced N-6230 when I realised the notebook has a whitelist for WIFI cards.

After that, I gave the Intel 2200N (generic one) a chance but the BIOS refused it also... (propebly wrong FRU number)

I bought this laptop because I read that it comes with an Intel wifi and was very disappointet because it didn't, and I could not even change it. My experience with the Intel adapters are good, they are very fast, stable, realible and with WIDI feature which I wanted to use..

So basically there are no good options for changing the WIFI adapter right know, because of the whitelist. I don't understand why to put whitelist on WIFI cards while other components can be changed, Lenovo could remove it in a BIOS update, but I think they will not.

Ps.:

Ultimate-N 6300 uses three antennas, the U410 and U310 operates with two antennas.

Fanfold Paper
tas02

My U310 came with an Intel Centrino N 2200 installed and it is exhibiting the slow WiFi problem.

What's DOS?
rude

i returned my u410 today.. what a pity

Punch Card
wayne07

[ Edited ]

keep posting to ensure this thread alive

Paper Tape
benz145

Hey folks, I just wanted to let you know that we've been watching this and just wrote an article about it:

http://ultrabooknews.com/2012/08/08/lenovo-ideapad-u310u410-wifi-issues/

Hoping that Lenovo gets a fix to you soon. No one wants to pay $700+ for an item and then have to wait months for it to work properly.

What's DOS?
ttflyer

Glad this is out on the review sites now...  Could have saved me some trouble.  I guess Lenovo won't bother fixing this until they get a HUGE pile of reutrned laptops on their door step.  Unfortunately, mine (just unboxed) goes on the top of that pile...  Poor wifi.  Pity, I really like it.  But if it doesn't work, it doesn't work...

Paper Tape
Re-engineer

This was the best performing ultrabook on the market with literally everythign except a backlight. I really thought I trusted lenovo's engineering especially with their thinkpad line, but I dont know anymore. I want to buy this laptop, but i don't want to have to deal with these wifi issues. I hope they fix it within the next couple weeks with positive reviews, otherwise I may have to just throw in the extra 300 bucks and get an XPS.

Please fix this soon lenovo, you are better than this. They must be **bleep**ting their pants right now as they are probably losing millions of dollars on this.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

[ Edited ]

All,

Apologies for the delay in response since my last update back on page 16.   Our teams have been working  diligently on this and I appreciate all of the feedback that we have received here in the forum...

During July, Lenovo  received customer reports of lower than expected wireless performance on some U310 and U410 IdeaPad systems.  As a result, we extensively tested sample U310 and U410 models and a design update was implemented to ensure a more consistent wireless performance in all customer environments.   U310 and U410 models manufactured after July 23, 2012 incorporate these updates and are not affected.  Customers with  U310 and U410 models manufactured  prior to July 23 who have experienced lower than expected wireless performance should contact Lenovo support to schedule service.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
lamecake

Hello Mark, can you elaborate on what needs to be done on the machines? Can I do it myself? I''ve already replace d the ssd and took a look at the WiFi card, so my warranty is voided anyway. I also prefer fixing it myself just to avoid being without laptop as a result of an undefined service period.

Hope you can comment.