Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
edlivian

Re: My new u410 is slow on wifi

[ Edited ]

so far the only workaround is to force wifi to 20 mhz mode in device manager.

When I do this I get decent speed, but range is still bad. 

Worst wifi implenmentation I have ever seen.

My four year old Dell e6400 with intel wifi link 5300 has about triple the range of this laptop.

Fanfold Paper
GermanU410User

[ Edited ]

Dear Lenovo Support,

I am like many other People on this forum facing wireless connectivity issues.

First off Technical Data of my Device:

Type: Lenovo U410

Model Name: 4376

(1s)MT/Mod: MAH63GE

Manufacturing Date: 2012/08/08

Factory ID: CS20

W-LAN Device: Atheros AR9285

Extremely Dropping Speeds just being 5 Meters away with only one wall (no concrete, no water pipes, metal inside) in between the Device And The Router (Other Devices face no such drops)

I tried !every! Solution that YOU (Lenovo) Suggested in this thread and on your Support sites. Including Trying Out Drivers from the Atheros homepage.

Next to the Router: 50Mbits at Full Signal Strenght

5m Away: 10 Mbits at Sufficient Signal Strength (3 indicators)

Please consider the following:

Open a publicly announced survey of who is facing the above mentioned issues. Ask them to provide Model Nr. / Manufacturing Date etc.. It is as easy as opening a "Sticky / Pinned Posting" Started By Lenovo Staff. Stating that everyones post who doesnt provide required data will be deleted (to keep the thread clean).

It the minds of most of the people it would be a step that would let you save face. Even If You Don't Know The Reason for Above Mentioned Problems yet, it would let you realize the Extent of the issue.

Try to remind yourself of situations where you initially faced an issue with a product and experienced good service quality. In My Mind it would only let me be more content with my initial decision to buy such companys product, since i would think possible future problems would be addressed in a similar way.

Continuing Your current course Of Repeating the same phrases Over and Over Again will only annoy people more

and more. Culminating in asking for refund, if the issue will not be solved.  However this can't be in your or your Customer Service's interests.

Kind Regards,

GermanU410User

What's DOS?
Sincerity

Ok I'm also having this exact same problem.

I bought my U310 just before the New Year. It has a manufacturing date of October 15th 2012. I had read about the WiFi issues beforehand but saw that Lenovo was claiming it only existed in models built before July so assumed it was fine. As has been described by others, I can pick up signal fine when I'm very close to the router, but when I'm a few rooms away I can't pick it up at all, even when my old laptop and my phone pick up fairly strong signal.

Some people are saying returning it to Lenovo for repair won't work, although some people seem to think it did fix the problem...

I bought mine from Amazon who only have a 30 day return policy. So I'm just trying to figure out whether I should risk sending it to Lenovo, because if I do and it doesn't fix the problem then I'll probably miss the deadline for getting my money back.

The best bet seems to be to buy a wireless USB adapter. I really don't want to have to, but the cost of just posting my laptop in for repair or even for return is far more than just getting one of these.

I noticed a couple of posters here seeming to suggest a wireless USB adapter fixed the problem. Does anyone know if this will be the case for sure? Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
What's DOS?
Paulander

Hi Sincerity,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem - although my Lenovo (U410) was manufactured on August 8th.

The Wifi connection is terrible and the whole issue is a disgrace for Lenovo. The topic hasn't been solved but we are being told it has. I am deeply disappointed, I used to think Lenovo is a great brand but apparantly it's not.

I will return my U410 - sad but there's no other way.

All the best

Paper Tape
juan_jo

Re: My new u310 gives really low speeds on wifi

I downloaded the last BIOS UPDATE (65cn21ww.exe), but not resolve the slow speed wireless issue, :smileymad:

mmmm i think that loses some BIOS fuatures.

HELP ME!!

What's DOS?
rsmi299

I just bought this laptop today for $400 and though i found a DEAL.  It has almost eveything i was looking for and was cheap.  However, due to this issue with the very low wifi speeds when i not in the same room as my router i will have to return it. I was wondering if anyone has purchased a cheap USB wifi adapter and is using that to compensate for the wifi issue.  I was thinking about doing this myself but though i better return as i still have the option to return it at full price. 

Blue Screen Again
Grinzlerlorentz

Hi, 

I have same issue with my U410 and I decided not to send it to Lenovo repair center as in my area they seem not to handle the issue properly, in addition, the leadtimes they give just to replace the wifi module is far too long and you must know that the computer will travel between at least 2 Lenovo counterparts sites (one in Netherlands and one in Germany)... What is not good for the computer in terms of handling. They even do not use UPS or similar but crappy Kiala network.

I personnally use a wifi dongle Olitec N150 wifi G&N (with WPS encryption), it works up to 72 MBS and costs around 15euros. I bought it some time ago and it works fine! 

In fact any usb dongle wifi will be operating nowadays with a 100meters range.

I did not read any post saying that the issue was solved after repair!

Fanfold Paper
GermanU410User

Please Realize the Urgence.

[ Edited ]

Dear Lenovo Staff,

Please read my Posting on Page 66 First.

Then please consider to at least combine all your given advice to one sticky / permanent on top posting.

As you might have realized a thread like this gets to huge for MOST people to go through, so that some of your given advice wont be read. Allthough those who even followed all of it will still face the same issues.

Its time to wake up and at least structure your given advice properly, if you don't want to admit theres more to it than just people not following your advice.

Kind regards.

GUU

What's DOS?
rsmi299

I know this is off topic but can anyone point me to a forum or explain how i can setup my harddrives.  Basically, i want Windows 7 (and a few programs if possible) on the SSD drive and everything else (my media) on the HDD.  I want to do this but i do not want to mess with the recovery partion on the HDD.  Thank You.  

Fanfold Paper
GermanU410User

[ Edited ]

If i get your question right, you could easily open a new posting in this very forum regarding your question.

Why would you need to mess with the recovery partition? Try to get a Windows 7 Home Premium installation disc from somewhere (if i am right i guess microsoft offered them for some time and keyless discs are sometimes offered on ebay -> make sure u dont get bundled discs because some of them will work only on the device it came bundled with) install windows 7 on the ssd drive using the Lenovo Key on your notebooks bottom.

If you want to go all the way back u should keep the recovery partition by just deleting the content on the hard drive partition containing windows and your data right now. U could do so using an external Program such as gParted ( a free disc configuration suite). Next you would install windows 7 on the ssd.