Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Asarioglo

Network and Wifi

[ Edited ]

My network worked properly until I installed ubuntu as second operating system (first is Windows 7 64 bit.) I installed it on the different partition.  My laptop now doesn't recognize WiFi device, just says that I have to turn on WiFi switch at  the front of laptop. Than I reinstalled Ubuntu, because thought that some of drivers clash. But that just increased the problem, now my laptop doesn't recognize even wire connections. What should I do?

I have Lenovo V570-

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Network and Wifi

hey Asarioglo,

welcome to the Lenovo Forums!

best thing for you to do is to remove Ubuntu and get back the unit to a mono-boot device.

once that is done, see if your wifi and the wifi switch works.

then install Ubuntu and if your wifi and the switch stops working.. Ubuntu is the cause of the issue and I would suggest going to the Ubuntu forum and check with the people over there if there is any compatibility issue.

they might have a kernel for you to install for your unit to work correctly.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
Asarioglo

Re: Network and Wifi

How to delete it? I formatted partition with ubuntu, but it still has ubuntu in boot menu. I decreased time of boot menu to 0 seconds, and now I just skip it.