Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

Re: New Y550 battery failure, customer service failure. Unit had wrong OS too.

Hi tsai_235, I have replied your PM. Please check.Thanks!

Hi sonnet118, Welcome to Lenovo Forum! I understand you have a faulty battery. You could report this issue to call centre and they would may assist you. Remember, the faulty battery must be returned as collateral.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
musahassan

I have the same issue with my U350. Battery says 0% available (plugged in, not charging). I went to the shop/reseller where I bought my notebook and they asked me to go directly to their Service Centre (WT Excellence Distribution - Miri, Sarawak).

The technician said, the battery needs to be replaced and it is under warranty. He told me that, I need to wait for 2 weeks for my battery shipment. I called him today and he said, I need to wait a bit longer at least a month, due to the battery is "not in stock". This is so unbelievable.

When I tried to call Lenovo Malaysia, they even do not have Idea Support after Sales DID number on the website. I could only find Local Toll Free number in which I cannot call since I am outside Malaysia. And yet, I have been posting around this similar thread, but not one is addressing my issue. How disappointing.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi musahassan,

Welcome to Lenovo Forum :smileyhappy:

I have replied to the thread you created here. Please check it out.

At the same time,  i am sorry for the out of stock issue that caused for a long wait. Also, this Lenovo Forum is more about peer to peer discussion therefore sometimes it may not have immediate response from others.

In regard to the call centre number for Brunei, please check out this centre in Bandar Seri Begawan with phone number 6732233255.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
sunnyzjj

I just called customer care regarding my battery not charging problem. I basically removed my battery and plugged it in again. When I was doing that, I noticed that there are actually two lock buttons for the battery. But only one will automatically locked when the battery plugged in. After I locked both of the buttons, the problem is gone. Not sure whether this will help some people here.

It's interesting to listen to so many similar stories about Lenovo customer care. Now let me share mine. I ordered the laptop on Dec 26, and didn't get it until Feb! Although it is understandable for boxing day out of stock, but more than 1 month is too long. Then I found the brand new laptop is a defective one! The bottom lid doesn't fit in properly (there is a bump). The audio quality doesn't sound like new laptop (it sounds like my broken dell laptop audio after 4 years). So I called the technical support. The guy is polite, but he doesn't know computer at all! I have to tell him where to find something in control panel! Ok, I understand as Windows 7 is pretty new to tech support too. At least the guy is polite, he suggested me to call sales for exchange and marked my laptop as defective in the case.

And then I called the sales for the first time, the guy said I can only refund it and pay 15% processing fee! Why I need to pay 15% processing fee to refund a defective laptop! He said it's "hidden" in the terms when I bought it. I was so pissed by the way Lenovo does the customer care in North America. You can't do business in Chinese way in North America! I'm originally from China. I'm glad to see some Chinese companies in NA, and happy to support Chinese companies by buying their products. But the Chinese customer care won't work in North America! By contrast, a few days ago my Logitech speakers were broken. I called the customer care only once. They sent me a new one without even asking the old one back. I have similar experience with Apple previously. Dell asked my old part back after I got the replacement part. This is North American customer service! Business in done based on credit. And customer's convenience is the top priority.

OK. Continue on my story. I called the sales dept for another two times, finally found a representative who agreed to replace my laptop. Because I need to go on vacation and can't receive the shipping, I postpone the exchange to March. When I called on March 1st again with my case number, the guy doesn't know what I'm talking about. Luckily he agreed to exchange the unit for me after asking his supervisor. I need to send back the unit first. And then wait for their manufacture and shipment. 

Finally I got the exchange unit on April 1. The box is open! I don't know it's been opened by the custom officer or it's not a new unit at all. And more, the bottom lid also has a bump! I don't want to replace this one any more because I've had enough of Lenovo customer service! It's been more than 3 months since I ordered my laptop! 

Paper Tape
patny1

[ Edited ]

Dear Cleo,

I'm afraid that this ship (the Y550 with a faulty battery, "plugged in, not charging"; mine says 79% available, but 0 in fact) is going to be crowded.

I had purchased a lenovo Y550 in Ankara, Turkey, on 02 March 2010.

Notebook Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxx

lenovo Battery Model No: L08O6D13

lenovo Battery Serial No: 11S121000740Z-B00-xxxx-xxx 

The service in my country (Bilisim Destek Hizmetleri, Istanbul, Turkey) says that I have to return everything (the notebook and the adapter too) with the battery (one of those batteries everybody round the world knows are faulty). And nobody (neither the UPS, nor anybody) will take any responsibility, in a written statement, that I shipped the whole content of the box in a perfect condition (except the faulty battery). I don't want to receive back a notebook that is damaged (maybe invisible at first sight), after the resolution of this problem with the battery alone. I'd prefer sending the battery alone, so that at least I can keep on working with my pc, in spite of the necessity to have the line plugged in.

I'd be happy to get your advice,

Regards,

Osman

moderator edit: serial masked.

Punch Card
Cassiel

A year ago I had a ThinkPad T400 at work. What a great laptop. No problems whatsoever and nice software utilities. I thought that Lenovo made the best laptops and four months ago I happily bought an Ideapad Y550P for home. A month ago the laptop started to have the exact same battery problem all others have. What a disappointment :smileysad:
Paper Tape
patny1

Dear Cleo,

Some good news for me, and congratulations for the Lenovo service in Turkey. In just 9 days, my faulty battery in my  Y550 was replaced, and the package returned home safely. I was very happy, since I had read here stories from all around the world, about waiting for months for a battery replacement.

I just wanted to let you know that your staff in Istanbul, Turkey were very helpful in the start, and successful at the end, in resolving my problem, and rebuilding my trust in your company (it was little bit shaken, when I had learned that I have to send the service my laptop too, for just the well-known problem with the battery).

Regards,

Osman Senturk, Ankara - Turkey

Paper Tape
Windowsrich

Ordered an IdeaPad Y550 in November, 2009. Received mid-December. O/S (Win 7) was fine.

Have used unit regularly at home since then (sometimes on AC power, sometimes on battery).

Yesterday, unit would not power on with battery. Went to AC, started fine. Battery notification states "77% available, plugged in, not charging". Left charging overnight, no change in behavior today.

Contacted Lenovo support today. Promised battery replacement in 2-3 business days.

What's DOS?
m1s1

After 2 years of owning a Y550, I have the exact same problem: On battery power the system crashes just after 10 minutes, although the power management shows 90% of charge. According to tech support, Ryan, all I need is a new battery. I am hesitant to buy one, as it is apparently a manufacturing issue: The system should show the degradation of battery power and shut down regularly after reaching the set limit. System crash is abnormal even with a dead battery. But my biggest concern is Ryan's claim that the battery should last only about 1 year and the normal lifetime of all Lenovo laptops is 2-3 years, i.e., I should be happy that the computer is functioning at all. Thanks Lenovo!!!

Paper Tape
WILFRED

Re: New YOU battery failure, customer service failure. Unit had wrong SO too.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ...DID LENOVO REPLACE THE Y550 BATTERIES OR NOT ..DID THEY SEND A  FIX OUT TO CUSTOMERS TO FIX THE BATTERY PROBLEM     OR DID LENOVO JUST NOT CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS...WAY I ASK THIS I HAVE PURCHASED MANY LAPTOPS OVER THE YEARS   AS I THOUGHT THERE CUSTOMER CONCERNS WOULD AT LEAST BE AS GOOD AS THE CORPORATION THE LENOVO PURCHASED THE PRODUCT FROM........CAN ANY ONE HELP ME .CAN I GET A FREE BATTERY FROM LENOVO OR NOT ..........PLEASE HELP