Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Angelo22

Re: Y560 graphics drivers

There is no need to format your hard drive. Doing a clean install has the same effect.

In this case, your hard drive has absolutely nothing to do with it. What you need to do is:

- Go to http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=661448
- Download BIOS update 59
- Download AMD drivers update 8.752

Then,
- Install BIOS 59
- Install AMD drivers

EXACTLY IN THE ORDER.

See if it helped and let me know. Good luck :smileyhappy:
What's DOS?
levelxplane

Re: Y560 graphics drivers

i have the 8.7 drivers right now though.

can i update to 10.7 (or whatever is the latest) amd drivers?

Serial Port
pranav_is_cool

Corrupt graphics leading to consequent crash of laptop

Hello,
i bought Y560 ( core i5 430M, 4G, 500 G, 1 G Ati Radeon Mobility HD 5730 with switchable graphics  ) few days back. From first day itself, i am experiencing problem of corrupt graphics whenever i play any game ( have played NFS undercover, Split second, NHL-09, Blur etc)- random black spots and lines, discolouration , fading , freezing and poor graphics rendering- which increases as the game progresses. After  few minutes of gaming, laptop crashes leaving a black screen and i have to shut it down. Once i was able to spot a pop-up which read, "AMD driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered" . Also, recently, my laptop  crashed while surfing on youtube or watching a movie/video.
Another point, whenever i switch to Intel HD graphics, this problem does not occur! so, i doubt some hardware or software problem with the Graphic card.
I have updated the AMD driver and integrated Graphics driver, but this hasnt helped a bit.
please help me out, i am in such an agony :smileysad:
Thanks in advance
pranav

Serial Port
pranav_is_cool

Re: Corrupt graphics leading to consequent crash of laptop

please anyone reply to my problem!

m so tensed :smileysad:

Community Moderator
yigit

@ pranav_is_cool

have you tried that?

- go to http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=661448
- download bios update 59
- download amd drivers update 8.752

then,
- install bios 59
- install amd drivers

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Serial Port
pranav_is_cool

[ Edited ]

@yigit, i have done the above mentioned things, but this problem still persists. along with that, i am experiencing problem of slight overheating in the whole left half of the laptop bottom.

i took my laptop to service center, and they say that the motherboard is defected and have placed the order for the same.

but, i purchased laptop on 22nd august, so i doubt the motherboard being faulty( maybe im wrng!!) in such a short time!!

pls, help me further..

Serial Port
pranav_is_cool

anyone, pls help!
Serial Port
pranav_is_cool

i think this forum is gud for nothing, no one to reply, no one to assist, just like the customer support, service and product..

my biggest mistake of life , buying a lenovo product. poor me!
Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

@ pranav_is_cool

as technical support said, i also suggest you to ship you laptop back to lenovo for mainboard replacement.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Serial Port
pranav_is_cool

[ Edited ]

thanks for the reply @yigit ! :smileyhappy:

service center is so stupid here! i shipped my laptop there on 13th sept. firstly, they placed an order for replacement of motherboard on 21st sept. (case ID: 4270076540) and without any confirmation from me, they cancelled the order!

now, they have again placed an order dt. 7th oct. with no ETA (case id:4270087950).
It would be a great help of yours if you can do something in this case and get motherboard at the earliest.

Thnks in advance,
pranav

also, one more question. what are the components(hardwares) that are present in the mainboard??