Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Iker

OKR 6.0 not going back to factory config

I messed up my c: when I installed Ubuntu 64 bit because it resized C:. I cannot login to Windows neither use OKR to try to get it back to factory. (something i became aware after i had installed ubuntu)

Though, when i login to Ubuntu i can see my drives and everything from vista. If I have access to Lenovo drive which is where all the factory back up is, can I burn a cd with that back up and restore the my system to its factory configuration from Ubuntu? (is there a thread or tutorial on how to do this?)

If is not possible, what are my options? 

Can i just do a clean install of Business 64 bit and then download all drivers that came with vista premium 64bit when i first bought it?

or what would the possible way to restore my system back to factory?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Iker

Retired Guru
ortegaluis

Re: OKR 6.0 not going back to factory config

You cannot recover with OneKey after drive "C" of the hard drive has been repartitioned/resized. If you didn't remove the Windows partition, you can probably restore it by writing a new MBR to the hard drive. You will need to boot with a Vista installation disk and run "Bootrec /fixmbr". If that doesn't work, then you have to do a fresh install of Vista and drivers. Then you should create recovery disks.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Fanfold Paper
Iker

[ Edited ]

Gracias Luis for replying!

I decided to do a fresh install, though, I want to install vista business SP1 64bit edition.

Would business 64bit edition be compatible to my laptop Y530?

Would I be able to install all drivers without any problems for my system from lenovo web site?

My guess is NO There should be any problems! but my laptop originally came with premium SP1 64bit, and I dont know if by installing business SP1 64bit my laptop would go crazy on me.

Once again, gracias brother.

Iker

Message Edited by Iker on 03-23-2009 07:03 PM
Message Edited by Iker on 03-23-2009 07:04 PM
Retired Guru
ortegaluis

You shouldn't have any problems with drivers. There may be issues with Lenovo software [if you plan on installing that as well]. Be sure to download the drivers for Vista x64 beforehand. It will save you from a headache. Specifically the network drivers, so you can go online in case you run into some problems.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //