Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
vunn01

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

I ordered a Y550 in late April with an estimated ship date of 5/12.  On 5/11, the date changed to 5/18.  After reading here, I decided to cancel the order because I need a computer now and had no faith it would ship on 5/18.  I went to a Lenovo online reseller (some have all three ideapads) and it shipped the same day as the order, for overnight delivery.  When I called lenovo to cancel, there were no questions asked.  They're probably used to it.  A business shouldn't accept orders for products it doesn't have.  Online shops tell you if a product is in stock or not. 
Punch Card
stldude

Is anyone from lenovo around .. I haven't seen a post from Any lenovo folks in a while..  Lenovo should keep in mind that Memorial day is right around the corner and if they don't get their acts together then they'll see a lot of thier orders getting cancelled.. I'm almsost at the edge of going for a Dell Studio 15 and getting this order cancelled.. Atleast, with Dell i'll know when i'll have the Laptop in my hand.

ESD ver 1 -- 5/8

ESD ver 2 -- 5/15

ESD Ver 2 -- 5/22 ( as of today) 

Fanfold Paper
Nebuchadnezzar

I've already done that myself and I'm enjoying my Studio 15, thank you very much.  I ordered on 5/4 and received it next business day on 5/14.  Set up was fast and I got all the pre-loaded software on individual CDs as well as the CD with Windows Vista 64 Bit version and factory settings.
Fanfold Paper
Nebuchadnezzar

Forgot to mention, my delivery date from Dell was 5/22/09.  Got my Studio 15 a week before the delivery date, which means they are the polar opposite of Lenovo.  Lenovo gives you a ship date (which is constantly pushed back) while Dell gives you a delivery date that turns out to be the latest you should expect to get your machine.
Punch Card
stldude

HI Nebuchadnezzar

Congrats on your chocie for Dell. Can you comment on the speaker quality on that studio 15. I have heard some bad reviews on them.. also, u mind saying how much u got that for .. Are the specs comparable? 

Punch Card
wharrgarbl

Well, my Y650 shipped on Friday. I'll have to wait until Thursday to see whether or not it was worth the wait....
Punch Card
ansnero

I guess Lenovo people in this forum are tired of trying to fix issues with ordering and shipping.. Cant blame them ... this discussion reveals people like Mark and Cleo have done quite a lot of service on their own.... In fact Its the responsibility of the company senior management to fix the problems with how the whole department works... And how they do that... And whether they will... God knows...... If they dont... Well... Competitors who got better streamlined processes even with sub standard products can take over....

By the way

My status: Order date : 4/26

First ESD : 5/4

Second ESD : 5/11

Third ESD  : 5/29 ( The sales representative mentioned though it shows 5/29, it will be shipped on 5/20. Also she offered me a compensation as 25$ credit or some accessory. Reading from the experiences of others, I opted for accessory. But, really doubt whther I will get it.... Today when I called up.. the repesentative mentioned that it is being packed and in a factory in China... I dont have any clues... They have not taken the amount from my account yet... As of now, I am surviving using my old machine..I guess I can wait for bit longer.. 

Blue Screen Again
Mcky

This is new. Don't know if I should take it with a grain of salt. Just received confirmation from Lenovo that my order from 04/23 has been shipped. Just waiting before I cancel my second order for the 550.
Punch Card
stldude

Got e-mail that my lappy is shipped today.. Atlastttttttttttttt...  I hope the wait's worth it... 
Fanfold Paper
Nebuchadnezzar

Don't believe it until they:

a) draw the money from your account

b) provide you with a tracking number for the shipment.