Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
randomohok

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

Pretty horrible experience so far for me...

8/2/09 - Place order for custom Y550 (Est. shipping date of 8/13/09)

8/4/09 - Due to problem with Lenovo system charging twice for the OS the order is cancelled and resubmitted  (Est shipping date of 8/14/09)

8/14/09 - Yay! Laptop is suppose to ship today! Wait.... Est. Shipping date is now 8/28/09. What the hell? Thats nearly an entire month since i ordered it....

So i call tech support... They are unable to tell why it was delayed futher, and are not able to tell me when it will ship. They said they will call back... On next Tuesday... Unable to call back today for some unknown reason. 

And i leave for college on 8/20/09... now without a laptop..

Of course that is not an option, if i do not hear good news from Lenovo next week i will be cancelling my order. 

Punch Card
heyitshien

My customized y550 was shipped yesterday on 8/14/09.  But the UPS tracking says it's being shipped to Michigan, when i live in the west coast..... anyone have this problem?  And can anyone expain the "packages" thing.  And btw, mine is being shipped from China.
Fanfold Paper
Ramlok

I have the same problem I ordered on 7/30, original ship date was 8/11, then changed to 8/12, then changed to 8/14. Says it shippped from China on 8/12. I have 2 day shipping. It is now day 3, Customer Service says they can't help me until Monday 8/17, because they don't know what is going on either. It also says i have 6 packages, now if i get 6 Laptops for the price of 1 I don't mind.... I bought a laptop for my daughter 3 years ago through Lenovo and had no issues, everything was great, which is why i choose them again. I have 3 more kids if I can't get satisfaction I can guarentee I won't be getting them Lenovo'.....Does anyone even read this and repond? Has anyone ever gotten a response?

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi Ramlok, and Welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

This is a community of users sharing with and helping other users. While Lenovo employees do fly by from time to time, it is not a monitored Lenovo support channel.

Ramlok wrote:

Does anyone even read this and repond? Has anyone ever gotten a response?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Fanfold Paper
Ramlok

Well thanks for the responce dude. You have been as helpful as the customer support team, but no one still knows where my laptop is. Anyone get there's yet?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
randomohok

Still waiting for my laptop..

Customer support has been no help..

NO they cannot tell me why its being delayed

NO they can not transfer me to someone who does know (really, you have no mangement?)

NO they cannot tell me when it will be shipped

NO they cannot transfer me to anyone who has any answers 

NO they cannot get back to me today with any information

The only thing i did manage to get from them is that my order is at the warehouse and that ALL ORDERS ARE BEING CHECKED BY A SPECIAL TEAM

And NO i cannot know what and why their a special team is checking the orders

All i'm getting is NO from the support lines, the only affirmative answer i've gotten is that my order is on the highest "priority list"...  I was inches from canceling the order this morning, but decided to give them one more day. This has been a nightmare. 

Atleast my HP, which kicked the bucket early, was built and delevered in a week. The first post in this thread was made nearly one year ago, yet it seems that nothing has changed about Lenovo's quality of service and support.

Fanfold Paper
Nebuchadnezzar

randomohok wrote:

Still waiting for my laptop..

Customer support has been no help..

NO they cannot tell me why its being delayed

NO they can not transfer me to someone who does know (really, you have no mangement?)

NO they cannot tell me when it will be shipped

NO they cannot transfer me to anyone who has any answers 

NO they cannot get back to me today with any information

The only thing i did manage to get from them is that my order is at the warehouse and that ALL ORDERS ARE BEING CHECKED BY A SPECIAL TEAM

And NO i cannot know what and why their a special team is checking the orders

All i'm getting is NO from the support lines, the only affirmative answer i've gotten is that my order is on the highest "priority list"...  I was inches from canceling the order this morning, but decided to give them one more day. This has been a nightmare. 

Atleast my HP, which kicked the bucket early, was built and delevered in a week. The first post in this thread was made nearly one year ago, yet it seems that nothing has changed about Lenovo's quality of service and support.

I didn't check the start of the thread.  A year later and the same issues exist. Looks like next year when I replace my wife's computer it will be another Dell.  As I said in my experience, I got the unsatisfactory responses from Lenovo Customer support regarding my order and cancelled.

Got my Dell Studio 15 over a week ahead of schedule and I'm loving it. :smileyvery-happy:

While they haven't been silly enough to charge my credit card, I'm STILL waiting for the cancelation e-mail that I was supposed to receive from Lenovo.

Good luck!

Punch Card
emp71

I had this same issue when I ordered. Placed order 7/4/09, est ship 7/16.  On 7/17 est ship changed to 8/16. Received Y550 on 7/27.

If you haven't cancelled already, call their service number again, but demand to speak to a Sales Rep in NC.  Explain to them what happened, and they will be able to get back to you on exactly when to expect your order.  After complaining enough, I was given free expedited shipping... which isn't much after a 2 week delay.

In the end, I am about 90% satisfied with the Y550-44U.  It's a great computer, but does have some kinks.  Lenovo's service nearly takes the joy out of the machine though - I'm still unable to register the computer online, and I also am unable to apply for the "Free" Windows 7 upgrade (actually cost about $20 for shipping) because my Serial Number is not recognized by their database....

Cheers.

Fanfold Paper
kinda_angry

Looks like I am in the same boat as you guys....

Order status on the website says shipped... the destination in the UPS tracking makes no sense and the CS has only one answer..

" No!!! we don't know where the laptop is...."

Well I am not sure but looks like I should cancel the order... 

JaneL

kinda_angry wrote:

the destination in the UPS tracking makes no sense

What does it say?

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!