Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Nebuchadnezzar

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

emp71 wrote:

I ordered the Y550 418644U on 7/4/09.  Est shipping date was 7/15.  On 7/16 the est shipping date changed to 8/19!!!  I called CC and they gave me the 'robotic' answer that the est shipping date is not accurate, as the website states.  After voicing my anger, they forwarded me to sales in NC, who told me that they ran out of parts, and would receive new parts on 7/22, and the new product would be shipped on 7/27.  I asked for free expedited shipping for the time wasted waiting on their poor shipping estimatation. The sales person said she would look into it and call back, but i have yet to hear back...

In any case, Lenovo really needs help on their manufacturing and distribution. With current technology, it's ridiculous that a large company doesn't have a better grasp of what their manufacturing timeline is.  I would not be so disturbed if I was told in the first place that the item would take a month to ship.

This is why I bought a Dell.  Only draw back is if I had continued to fuss with Lenovo until the end of June, I could have gotten the free Windows 7 upgrade.  Can't have everything.
Fanfold Paper
rahulpn

hey, its amazing...my order is shipped today(07/21).. the initial shipping date was 7/22... and i cant believe this happened since experienced lack of interaction with lenovo CC. I was planning to cancel this on 7/23 and instaed go for a Dell.... I am happy to hav a lenovo since most of my friends liked the performance.... thanks lenovo

I dnt thnk i need to post any negative comments in future because of any damage with the product.....

Fanfold Paper
rahulpn

I got my Y550 yestrday(23/07). its fatastic experience for me because

15/07 - I placed my order

16/07 - CC called for credit card verification  and told that its not approved since mismatch in shipping&bill addr

16,17 - Corrected addr issue and tried to contact CC for approval, but no response at all(by Phone# & email)

20 - Same as above( that CC number was like a message centre)

21/07 - Decided to cancel the same and called the  number for cancellation. This time call connected and they are very well responsive and told that they can approve the order the same day.

21/07 - Lenovo shipped the laptop with UPS service.

22.... In transit

23 - Morning I got it.....

That was amazing because I saw a lot of negative comments for Lenovo for shipping..... Thanks lenovo... 

Paper Tape
Jaylin

Wow...

Now I'm really worried about this. I was planning to order today, but I really need a laptop before I go back to college around August 20th. =/
Paper Tape
smartshady

Wellll  most of the Y series  is in stock now so there is nothing much to worry about................
Punch Card
emp71

Thankfully, my order just shipped yesterday, and should get in by 7/27 - 3 weeks from order date.  If you really want a Lenovo, you should get in touch with their sales team directly. They will give you a better estimate as to when they can ship.

Paper Tape
Jaylin

Ordered my Y550 -- est. shipping date is August 3rd. Wish me luck! *crosses fingers*
What's DOS?
namhsi

A week and a half ago, I ordered a Y550 and was told I had a ship date of 8/31/09. Deciding to not wait that long, I cancelled my order last Wednesday and saw that the hold was taken off my credit card account. I went and bought a laptop in a physical store this past weekend and am happy with it. However, I checked my email last night and saw my original order shipped and will be here tomorrow! My credit card hasn't been charged and will be over the credit line if I do. What should I do?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

namhsi,

I would call sales immediately and arrange for the return.   The charge holds come off the card automatically after an interval of time - this is done by the issuing CC bank.

It would be odd if we have not billed when the unit shipped, and we can't extend credit until the unit is returned.   So, I would certainly call sales and get the RMA so you can send the unit back ASAP.

I would probably also suggest you call your CC company and explain that you called to cancel prior to our shipment.  Perhaps they will waive any over limit penalties.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
jikeme

I ordered a Y550 almost two weeks ago and was just recently notified it was shipped. However, when I clicked the "Track Shipment" button I saw a shipment that seems completely different from mine. Not only was it shown to be "Expidited," but it also said, "Multiple Packages: 30," and "Shipped To: North Bellmore, NY"-some 3,000 miles away!

Is there something I'm not understanding, like a redirected delivery, is my laptop going to the wrong person or is my order status just linked to the wrong tracking number? I'm leaving for college in a few weeks and if I don't get my laptop in time it will be a real hassle trying to get it at my new address. Any ideas? solutions?