Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
jimbosan

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

[ Edited ]

GCMUS wrote:

He is probably gone for the day already. :smileysad:. Just ask the agent you get if you could speak with .  He he isn't available ask to leave a vmail and he'll call you back. He helped with my order and its already left China (placed around the same time as yours).

This is the US Sales Center: 8669684465

Press 5

Ask for Pxxxxx! :smileyhappy:

Thanks also.  I'll try to reach Pxxxxx on Monday.  Maybe there is one good Lenovo rep out there who gives a s**t  and has the power to actually do something.

Paper Tape
akifbayram

[ Edited ]

Looks like my order is delayed just like everyone else. The estimated ship date has been moved back to 1/1/10. This is unbelievable. Looks like I'm going to have to call some people up...

EDIT: On Monday, that is.... -_-

Fanfold Paper
GCMUS

[ Edited ]

jimbosan wrote:

GCMUS wrote:

He is probably gone for the day already. :smileysad:. Just ask the agent you get if you could speak with Pxxxx.  He he isn't available ask to leave a vmail and he'll call you back. He helped with my order and its already left China (placed around the same time as yours).

This is the US Sales Center: 8669684465

Press 5

Ask for Pxxxxx! :smileyhappy:

Thanks also.  I'll try to reach Pxxxxx on Monday.  Maybe there is one good Lenovo rep out there who gives a s**t  and has the power to actually do something.

Agreed. I wish you the best of luck on your order. Hopefully it'll be off to you before Christmas :smileyhappy: On the other hand, I wonder where Mark is. He ignored the PM I sent to him a few weeks ago :smileyindifferent:
JaneL

GCMUS wrote:smileysurprised:n the other hand, I wonder where Mark is. He ignored the PM I sent to him a few weeks ago :smileyindifferent:

Mark is in the forum nearly every day during the week, however this is not a staffed, support channel.  It was designed as a user-to-user discussion forum with some limited Lenovo participation.  There's no guarantee that you'll get a response from any of the Lenovo employees that visit the forum as there are way more of us than there are of them.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
ZoomZoom

I've just joined the forum--waiting for my u-150 to arrive, ordered over the Thanksgiving weekend, but I have watched it go speedily from Shanghai to Korea, to Taiwan, to Alaska and then get stuck in Louisville, Kentucky since December 8th, entered and re-entered in the warehouse there, and though scheduled for the 10th, then re-scheduled for the llth, then today, scheduled for the 14th. This is frustrating with a locked front door that one has to go down and open for UPS. It's probably not Lenovo's fault but it doesn't create a lot of good will as I try to prepare after working on the Mac platform for over twenty years or more, to return to either Windows or Linux.

I haven't seen any reviews from users on the u-150 outside of Peter who had the Japanese model. If anyone has received one and can talk about it, I would certainly value the information.

M

Punch Card
jzhang87

Interesting phone call today to Lenovo:

Waited 30 minutes before anyone answered the call from the sales department. I told the person that I was calling to see if my order was still rejected from the warehouse. The man (Andrew) said he'll get me to someone who can help me and then promptly hung up on me. 

Enough said about Lenovo....

Fanfold Paper
GCMUS

jzhang87 wrote:

Interesting phone call today to Lenovo:

Waited 30 minutes before anyone answered the call from the sales department. I told the person that I was calling to see if my order was still rejected from the warehouse. The man (Andrew) said he'll get me to someone who can help me and then promptly hung up on me. 

Enough said about Lenovo....

Ouch.. Did you happen to get a hold of Par***?  (I'll censor it myself rather then someone else censoring my statements...).

Punch Card
jzhang87

[ Edited ]

Nope, didn't get a chance to ask for P. I first just wanted to check up on my order to see if it was still rejected by the warehouse. The person took down my order number then i was 'disconnected" (I don't want to say "hung up" cuz aren't we all innocent until proven guilty?) Anyways, that was the first phone call and the next 2 ended up in the same way. In any event, Mark has replied back to me and said that my order is on the critical list. He'll have more info for me tomorrow. My est. shipping date is 12/16 (this wednesday). if Lenovo pushes it back again, I'm cancelling for sure. All this agitation is not worth the "deal" that I got for the Y550. I'm going for a Dell, although their service sucks just as much, at least I'll get my laptop!

Punch Card
jimbosan

jimbosan wrote:

jimbosan wrote:

jimbosan wrote:

jimbosan wrote:

Mark, I just checked on my order status again and the estimated ship date has been moved back still another 10 days to 12/14.  My history:

Oct 28-ordered laptop

Nov 16-laptop arrived with Vista instead of the Win7 ordered.

Nov 17-spoke w/Tom Battle and given an RMA for the defective unit and he took the order for a replacement with the promise to do what he could to expedite my order forward in line for the replacement to help minimize the loss of use and partially make up for the error.  Within a couple days an estimated ship date of Nov 25 appeared online.

Nov 25- goes by with no shipment.

Nov 26-new estimated ship date appears of Dec 4.   I try repeatedly to contact Tom by voice mail and email for help in finding out why and if possible expediting the process; I never heard back.  I posted 3 restrained complaints and a request for Mark's help in resolving the problem; one post was moved, the others deleted by the moderator.  PM'd Mark re these issues and still no response.  I tried calling to cancel my order twice but gave up after more than an hour on hold.   After cooling down I decided to wait and see if it would ship on Dec 4.

Dec 4- goes by with no shipment

Dec 5--new estimated ship date appears of Dec 14.

Dec 14???  Over 6 weeks from initial order with no reason to believe it will ship even then.

I'm not happy with Lenovo service and support.   I will be calling sales on  Monday Dec 7 to try to either fully resolve this through some form of satisfactory restitution or cancel the order.          

I still have never received any response to this nightmare from Mark or anyone working for Lenovo on this forum.   Nor any help from Lenovo's North American sales.  I called again on Dec 7 and after another long wait was put through to still another person who couldn't tell me what was delaying the order or when it might ship.  He said he would contact the sales person regarding this order and instead sent the information to the wrong person.   They couldn't give me any information at all either and were unwilling to anything in the slightest to help make up for the mistakes, continual delays and loss of use and enormous waste of my time.  I gave up and canceled the order and I'm waiting for the final cancellation confirmation which is supposed to take two days to process through China.  Hope others here fare better than I did.

12/9    I emailed the contact person who was supposed to cancel the order to verify that the cancellation had been confirmed.   He emailed back that his cancellation request had been rejected today by the warehouse and that he was resubmitting the cancellation request again.

12/11   I emailed the contact person again to confirm that the order had finally been cancelled.  The rep emailed back that "I submitted the request twice and the warehouse has rejected the request both times.  Once you receive the order you can return it without any restocking fees."    So  on top of everything else I have to go through the hassle of doing still another return because of their incompetence.  I wonder if I can just refuse delivery and have UPS return it to China?

12/14/09  I was not able to call P yet. 

1/25/10  I did check my latest order status however and it has now, with expedited shipping, been moved back a further month and a half; now it gives January 25th as the new estimated ship date.  Three months after my original order.  Yet the factory is not capable of cancelling the order and once it arrives I have to mess around with it?

Punch Card
jzhang87

I personally would not recommend refusing the shipment and returning it back to China. God forbid something happens and it gets "lost." Then you wind up with no laptop and you're out a few hundred dollars. Go through the hassle and return it, then call up your credit card company and let them dispute the charge for you. Let your credit card company know that you refuse to pay for the charges b/c you already returned the laptop!

Just my two cents