Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
johnr02
Accepted Solution

One Key Recovery Question

I am the new kid on the block and I am trying to create my recovery disks. Where it say select source I am picking the default path and I get message "There is no image on the selected path, Please select another image" When I choose select another image it brings up a screen to open a file and I don't know what to choose?? What is the correct procedure to create my recovery disks???????? Help the new kid!!!!! 
Retired Guru
ortegaluis

Re: One Key Recovery Question

[ Edited ]

After starting Windows Vista for the first time, you are supposed to create the initial image backup. I don't know if this is referenced in any of the manuals.

Therefore, within Windows....

1) run OneKey Recovery program.

2) select create backup

3) you may add a title description, but leave the default location.

3) you may select maximum compression if you like [may be less CD or DVD compared to no compression]

4) once finished, run the program again

5) then select create recovery disks

NOTE: You can do this after you have uninstalled all the bloatware, and installed your favorite programs. Thus giving you a customized recovery disk. And remember, you will still have the recovery partition as long as you don't repartition the hard drive.

Message Edited by ortegaluis on 02-22-2009 01:40 PM

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Fanfold Paper
johnr02

I will do a complete backup as you suggest in your procedure and then create my recovery disks. You suggest that I create the recovery disk AFTER I get rid of the bloatware. I guess bloatware is the software they dump on your system that you are never going to use. Is there an easy way to identify and get rid of the bloat??? I real appreciate the help.

the new kid on the block.......... 

Retired Guru
ortegaluis

How about posting a picture or a list of all the software installed. I will let you know which can be uninstalled safely.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Fanfold Paper
johnr02

Bit the bullet and have decided to keep my bloatware. I kind of figured that maybe I might change my mind in the future. As you suggested I took a full back up to both my hard drive and DVD's. I immediately followed with the creation of the recovery disk and all went very well.

Thanks for the help!!!

Paper Tape
omarraf

even i have messed up my y510 notebook ,, these lenovo customer reps are stupid indeed they misinform the customers , now whenever i press the novo key , it normally boot up the windows , somebody gotta help me , i need my one key recovery back since lenovo ODD stop working after every couple of months , i want back up on my hardrive.