Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
flfuser
Accepted Solution

OneKey Recovery Failure

I know this theme is not new, but I need some help as Lenovo wants to charge me by the Recovery Disks that OneKey Recovery (app supplied by Lenovo) is unable to create.

I was surprised to realize that once a new partition is created, OneKey Recovery does not work any more.

. I wanted to create my Recovery Disks and I can not

. I need to reinstall the OS with factory defaults and I can not

. Lenovo wants to charge me for the Recovery Disks

. My laptop is just 6 months old

After reading something about this issue, I eventually managed to retrieve the original files in the hidden partition to another partition with the complete folder structure.

My problem now is that I don know how to create Recovery Disks from this files (they are all visible, but OKR still not working).

Can anyone help me and tell me how can I create the Recovery Disks from the backup of the original files and folders?

Is absurd that Lenovo don't support this.

Thanks a lot.

Paper Tape
lenovop

Re: OneKey Recovery Failure

What did you recover from the "hidden partition"? Is this a backup you made or are you referring to the lenovo software and drivers that are stored in the lenovo D: partition. 

You won't be able to restore to a factory state if you didn't create your own backup. 

Have you considered downloadingand burning the Windows 7 iso from Digital River and using your product key to do a fresh install. You can download all the lenovo drivers and software from lenono. This may be superior to the factory state anyway as you can elect not to install the default programs/bloatware you won't use. I plan to do this when I upgrade to a SSD. 

What's DOS?
flfuser

Thanks a lot for help.

I am referring to the to the software that is stored in the hidden partition called "LENOVO_PART", with no drive letter assigned.

Supposedly this is the place from where OneKey Recovery should make the factory Recovery Disks (I guess). All the factory original software is there in several folders.

No, I didn't create my own backup. I thought about doing it afterwards, after creating the new partition. That was when I realized that OKR was not working any more.

Thanks for your advice about using Digital River. I never heard about it before. Is a solution I will investigate.

Paper Tape
lenovop

Some further information about legally downloading Windows 7 to reinstall.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604187-legal-download-digitalriver-windows-7-sp1...

What's DOS?
flfuser

Great. Download done.

Thanks a lot for your most valuable help.