Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
c22dunbar

PETITION: U330 BIOS and PM UPGRADE

[ Edited ]

Dear Lenovo Engineers,

we're waiting in anticipation for a u330 bios fix regarding problems listed below:

1. Power Management optimization, plus Hibernation bug fix. (MORE BATTERY LIFE!!!)

2. Boot jingle FIXED

3. Power adapter sound outside Windows

If anyone has more ideas just reply to this post and i'll update the list.

Last: Adding missing XP drivers to support/download section, so that downgrade would actually make some sense.

U330 is a great small notebook, and it would be really BAD if those issues were left unadressed.

But great is not good enough, since this laptop is only a few software upgrades from beeing perfect.

As drinksoy wrote: "lenovo needs to take care of its customers. goodjob getting us to buy the product... but if you ever want us to buy another one again then i suggest some support is in order.

also, it would be nice if there was a better support page with news on intended bios release dates or news or something."

Message Edited by c22dunbar on 12-10-2008 03:27 AM

U330 owner
Punch Card
Hrshycro

Re: PETITION: U330 BIOS UPGRADE

[ Edited ]

I'll throw in my name...

But I would like to see a BIOS UPDATE for the Y510 that adds the option to have it auto start up and auto shut off! And then for the Y430 the same auto on and auto off, but a way to turn off the power beep, both seem like very easy to fix problems, Lenovo...

Message Edited by Hrshycro on 11-24-2008 01:24 AM
Punch Card
Lmac

Me too. The hibernation issue is what makes me less satisfied with this notebook.

There is something else, but I don't know if this is normal or not. My u330 acess its HD much more than other notebooks I had, even when it's idle. I saw someone commenting on this over the notebookreview forums. I don't know if this can be called an issue, but is definetely a problem for me sinde the HD makes his annoying noise all the time.

Punch Card
tonynca

HD idle activity is probably windows indexing. But for sure they need to start fixing the boot jingle. I can't turn my laptop on in class without having people stare. Hibernation power issue is pretty annoying as well. Hopefully they release something soon. I don't know why there is such a lag for them to get this done.
Paper Tape
chipmunk

Signed.
Paper Tape
JPTran

[ Edited ]

Agreed, the power management system and the boot jingle need to be fixed immediately.  I cannot use this in class nor can I use this in the library, which defeats the purpose of me having a laptop. 

I'll give it another week, and if a fix isn't released, I'm going to sell it and get something else.  Enough is enough.

Message Edited by JPTran on 11-25-2008 02:00 AM
What's DOS?
fmdonovan

Yes please.  Bios Update for beep and hibernation issue.
Punch Card
TobySLN

Re: PETITION: U330 BIOS and PM UPGRADE

The boot jingle needs to be disabled across all ideapad systems.
Ideapad Y530, P8400 @ 2.26 GHz 320 gb HDD, 4 gb RAM, nVidea 9500M 512mb VRAM.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

The boot jingle on the U330 is supposed to be addressed with a pending BIOS that was targeted for last week.   I'll try to get an update on where this stands.

I do not believe the hibernation glitch is addressed in this bios - we are still testing for this, and I'm getting a system back from one member here which exhibits this symptom more reliably.  We have several U330's on hand at Lenovo in engineering that do not seem to lose battery life after hibernating for any length of time.

Certainly there are enough reports here in the forum that we are looking at this carefully, and believe we will make more progress once we have a unit in our possession that exhibits the symptom.

Thanks for your patience.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
c22dunbar

Dear Mark,

i'm aware that the hibernation problem is not a bios issue, and therefore i added Power Management into the topic.

The PM efficiency itself could be improved, as there seems to be no significant gain from lower manufacturing process that Montevina itroduces. Make use of those 45nm+ddr3 babies :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the words of hope though :smileyhappy:

Best Regards,

Jack.

U330 owner