Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
drinksoy

Re: PETITION: U330 BIOS and PM UPGRADE

[ Edited ]

our prayers have been answered :smileyhappy:

there will be a detailed summary of all the stuff being updated in the bios update right?

thanks

Message Edited by drinksoy on 12-03-2008 04:02 PM
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,337
Solutions: 288

All,

Let's keep the cork in the Champagne until the Bios is on the web and you've downloaded...

Yes, we should have a list of items addressed in the bios.  I know addressing the jingle was a principle focus as we got a lot of feedback on that here and elsewhere.

No, this bios is specific for the U330.    Addressing the jingle on other models will require separate work.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
TobySLN

Lame.... As a request though could you post info on when the boot jingle will be fixed on other models though?
Ideapad Y530, P8400 @ 2.26 GHz 320 gb HDD, 4 gb RAM, nVidea 9500M 512mb VRAM.
JaneL

TobySLN wrote:
Lame.... As a request though could you post info on when the boot jingle will be fixed on other models though?

How charming.  Mark is trying to help as many people as possible in here, and calling his efforts lame isn't much incentive for him to post messages after 11PM ET.  Honey, flies, vinegar, remember?

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Serial Port
c22dunbar

It's not about Mark, who is btw doing a good job here, but about the support team.(though i wouldnt go as far as calling them lame)

That jingle issue should be solved before releasing ideapads to the market and not doing so is an overlook. I never programmed bios, but disabling that thing shouldn't be such a big deal, correct me if i'm wrong. For some (all?) of us that is a big disadvantage. And You(i mean Lenovo) should know that better from the start, cos ideapads are targeted to students.

Well since that bios fix is already on its way to the website, there is no reason for whinig about that anymore, better late than never.

Now. There is still that battery life issue, which looks a bit more grim. It seems that problem lies in the battery unit itself and the fully charged capacity which in some cases vastly differs from designed capacity. I have no idea what causes this difference, but i know that it takes almost 20% of unplugged time (in my case its 10K mWh).

i have no idea if that is covered by the warranty, or by any consumer laws. but if i'd get a laptop with 2.26ghz CPU specs, and it turned out that it only operates on 1.8ghz, id be pretty much pissed off (what i'm close to now), and would have right to get what i paid for.

SO ANYWAY!

Since we bought that babies, now it's Your turn, Lenovo, to deliver the goods :smileyhappy:

ps. fix it and You'll have our love forever :smileyhappy:

U330 owner
Punch Card
gilkop

Is the bios going to remove the annoying beep when you plug or unplug the AC adapter? or is it only for the jingle?

Paper Tape
Erwann

Ahhh thanks! :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
andiv83

signed.

My notebook fan is always running. Anyone else with this problem?

HW monitoring shows me: (Temperatures)

TZS0 39C

TZS1 39C

Core#0 30C

Core#1 30C

HDD 35C

I bought the u330 (3GB memory version).

Paper Tape
evomr

signed!

even though i havent yet recieved my ideapad, it will be nice to have all issues sorted out before i need my notebook for class in january after finals

Punch Card
gilkop

I installed the new update, it solved the boot jingle problem finally. 

BUT IT DIDN'T SOLVE THE EXTREMELY LOUD BEEP WHEN YOU CONNECT OR DISCONNECT THE AC ADAPTER OUTSIDE WINDOWS.

WHAT KIND OF AMATEURE COMPANY ARE YOU RUNNING?

WE WAIT MONTHS FOR A BIOS UPDATE AND IT DOESN'T ADDRESS THAT ISSUE?

WAKE UP LENOVO!