Support in other languages: 
maf
Token Ring
maf

Re: Please Lenovo, we need to keep the graphic card driver updated

I have the 62 Bios in my Y560 i7 and the 10.10 v. 8.782 driver has worked for me without crashing once since the day it was released.

Serial Port
Denovo

@maf, thank you. I redownloaded and installed, this time it worked. The first package I downloaded must be corrupt/incomplete (was having problem with the wifi card at the time.. sigh.)

Token Ring
leshcat

[ Edited ]

God **bleep** it, i bought Fallout New Vegas and it wount start. Support of the game advised me to update Graphic Adapter Driver to 10.10 . And on switchable graphics, this shaman approach to install new drivers on SG didnt work for me, and Lenovo is keeping silent ...

There is a need for update, i mean official update from Lenovo. Make customer's life little easier, will you?

HDMI
ryukensfj

leshcat wrote:

God **bleep** it, i bought Fallout New Vegas and it wount start. Support of the game advised me to update Graphic Adapter Driver to 10.10 . And on switchable graphics, this shaman approach to install new drivers on SG didnt work for me, and Lenovo is keeping silent ...

There is a need for update, i mean official update from Lenovo. Make customer's life little easier, will you?

Which version do you have? 8.7*2? Also Fallout New Vegas has a lot of bugs and problems and may not be related to Lenovo...

Change all the .exe in the program file folder to run in Windows XP compatiblity mode. There are two files, (FalloutNVLauncher.exe and FalloutNV.exe.) Right click on each of them and do the following to each one: Go to the Compatiblity tab and click "Run this program in comptibility mode for:" and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Try that out and see if it fixes the problem.

Lenovo Ideapad Y560 - 06462AU (Black)
Punch Card
Zarukei

I have tried those steps as well, and it still crashes after i press new game, after a few tries it works then it starts all over again. Pretty sure it has something to do with the graphic drivers
HDMI
ryukensfj

[ Edited ]

Zarukei wrote:
I have tried those steps as well, and it still crashes after i press new game, after a few tries it works then it starts all over again. Pretty sure it has something to do with the graphic drivers

BTW you still didn't mention which driver version you had...

Run a driver cleaner and then try to reinstall 10.10. Make sure you choose to "run as administrator" when installing the 10.10

Here is a driver cleaner... http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29-download-1655.html

And then do these steps if you still have problems with Fallout http://geekmontage.com/texts/fallout-new-vegas-game-fixes-crashes-audio-issues-lag-saving/

Punch Card
Zarukei

[ Edited ]

I have 10.10 do i install the catalyst client as well? or just the driver.. because i did just the driver

HDMI
ryukensfj

[ Edited ]

Zarukei wrote:

I have 10.10 do i install the catalyst client as well? or just the driver.. because i did just the driver

Then it has nothing to do with the graphic drivers because I finished Fallout New Vegas with my Lenovo laptop with 10.10 installed. The drivers should just do but you can install the catalyst client too if you want.

I did have occasional crashes during the game but this is because of Fallout.

Have you tried all these steps? http://geekmontage.com/texts/fallout-new-vegas-game-fixes-crashes-audio-issues-lag-saving/

Punch Card
Zarukei

i have tried those plus it crashes right after i click new game or loading a game and its inconsitant sometimes it works fine but just once out of a rare occasion
HDMI
ryukensfj

Zarukei wrote:
i have tried those plus it crashes right after i click new game or loading a game and its inconsitant sometimes it works fine but just once out of a rare occasion

Did you install the Update 2 for Fallout? Anyways we can't discuss Fallout issues in this thread because we don't want to go off-topic.