Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
passionate

Poor shipping package

I hope that someone from Lenovo will read this.

I always consider Lenovo as my first choice when shopping for laptop because of its reliability and affordable prices. I has bought 4 laptops from Lenovo for my family and myself for the last two years. However, the last laptop I got, Ideapad Y550 with nVidia 210M graphics, has become an unpleasant experience. The laptop comes as brand-new in unopened , sealed box, but after using it for a week, the LCD dies. The screen becomes too dark to see, but I could actually see windows operating and icons on the screen by directly pointing a flashlight at it. I had to send it to Lenovo Warranty Repair Depot to have it fixed. They replaced the LCD and sent it back to me. However, it was the poorest shipping package I've seen for a laptop. Lenovo only put my laptop in the original Lenovo- brand box. When I got the box, it was dented and there was a hole on it (the box was perfect when I shipped it). I can't believe that Lenovo didn't pack my laptop properly. When I sent it for repair, I put it in its original box and fit it in a Fedex carton box with full of paper to avoid damage during shipping. Of course, my Ideapad is still working, but I am just disappointed with the way Lenovo packed their repaired laptop. My laptop might be damaged because of such poor packing. Who knows? I just hope Lenovo won't do this again to other customers.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,229
Solutions: 1,313

Re: Poor shipping package

the packaging could be damaged during transit.

While, poor/lack of packaging material is probably due to lack of care within the repair depot.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft