Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
som3a14
Accepted Solution

Problem creating recovery discs using onekey recovery on Z570

Just bought a brand new lenovo Z570 laptop, decided to create factory default recovery DVDs using onekey recovery 7.0 software which was preinstalled on the machine. I prepared the blank DVDs and started the backup, all went well with the first DVD till a message popped up telling me to insert the next blank DVD to continue the backup process and that's when the problem started. Each time I insert a blank DVD it seems like the software can't recognize it, the message asking for a blank DVD pops up again and the blank DVD gets ejected. First I thought it was a faulty blank dvd but after trying about 8 of them it's still not working. I canceled the process and started all over and again the same thing happened, the first dvd is created and then the program refuses to recognize the other blank dvds and ejects them.

Was wondering if anyone else got that problem and if there's anyway to fix it. I want to create the recovery DVDs before starting to work on the new machine.

Any help would be very appreciated.

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Re: Problem creating recovery discs using onekey recovery on Z570

Hi som3a14 and welcome to the community,

Yeh, the same thing happened to me on a u160.  I used Memorex DVRs with a Memorex burner and it would just spit out the second disc. Or, it would burn 2 okay and then spit out the third one.  

I ended up using the Memorex DVDs and a crappy Staples burner. That worked.  It took three tries and I made six coasters.  Make sure you're using DV-R discs and don't be too quick to click ok when you put the second and third discs in. I used 4.7Gb discs also.  

Mine made three, but  I've heard of it only making two.  When they're made, test them.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
som3a14

Thanks for the reply Dave.

So you're pretty sure the problem is in the blank DVDs or the optical drive??

I'm using the DVD burner provided on the machine, didn't try to use an external usb DVD burner, actually I don't even have that option and never thought I should need it since the machine comes with an optical drive.

Isn't there any other way around that problem? Is there any chance that it's a software rather than faulty blank DVDs or faulty optical drive, because really the DVD drive seems to be working fine.

BTW, I'm using DVD-R blanks as you said.

Incase there is no solution should I try to use a third party software to make an image of the recovery partitions? and what software would you recommend in that case?

topmahof

ThinkPads, (and evidently, IdeaPads), always were touchy about certain brands of dvds.  Why not try to use the one-key recovery and restore the system just to make sure it works.  First use the one-key utility to save a system backup onto an external hard drive if you have one.  Then try to burn the dvds again.

If you still can't burn the discs, make a call to service and they might send you a set of discs free.  They've done it before for customers.   Tell them that you just got your machine and you're trying to burn discs and they just won't burn.

Dave

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
topmahof

What I did when I got the u160 was I first burned the restore discs.  Then I loaded all my stuff in, did all the updates.  Then I went into Control Panel, Backup and Restore and I made a system repair disc and I created a system image onto an external hard drive.  That repair disc might come in handy some day.

And If everything crashed and I lost the restore discs or they didn't work, I could reload Windows using the repair disc as a boot disc and restoring the system from the system image on the external hard drive.  Doing that won't restore the restore partition, it just loads Windows on the whole drive, but it's a way to recover the os.

Dave

Paper Tape
jej66

Just got my recovery CD/DVD set from Lenovo Support.  Quick shipment... Support was very helpful.  I'm up and running again.

Paper Tape
yash1

Re: problem recovering my pc

i created the recovery disk for my lenovo z570 and wen recovering it it jams and i installed another copy of windows 7 32 bit

my orignal was win 7 64 bit

if any of u have the same laptop and ur recovery disk works properly plz help me

topmahof

Hi yash1 and welcome to the community,

What jams?  The disc itself or the program?

To get a set of restore discs, you'll have to make a call to service.

If you just want to get windows 7 64bit back on there, you can download it from here and use your key on your laptop for activation.  Make sure you install the same version of Windows that you originally had.

Dave

Paper Tape
yash1

[ Edited ]

actully the proccess jams maybe cause i didnt burn the disk properly so when i tried to restore the proccess jams at 14% so could you give mme a copy of your recovery disk plzzzzzz

topmahof

yash1,

Restore discs are made for a specific model.  Discs for one model won't work on a different model.  That's one reason you have to get them from Lenovo.

Another reason is that burning a set of restore discs and giving them to another person is in violation of Microsoft's End User License Agreement.  There can only be one set of restore discs for one specific machine.

You have to make a call to service  to get a set.

Dave