Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
senseless

Problem with Broadcom-Driver on new set up system z570

Hey guys, i got a problem with my new set up system.

I'm running win 7 prof. x64 on my lenovo. Core i7, GT540m, 8GB DDR3

I wanted to set it up as a new clean system. But now my problem is, that my System don't wanna take my Wireless Card.

I installed the Broadcom Driver but the card still doesn't build any Connection to wireless networks.

When i try to connect to an wireless network, it tells me that there are no AP's available. But of course my own AP is available to my lenovo. Additionaly when i try to use the "diagnosis" for the Wireless-Adapter it tells me, that the network-card is not activated and i should press/switch the hardware button for Wireless Connections. But when i press "Fn + F5" the menu only shows me the Bluetooth option.

I hope you guys can help me. I'm close to throw that crap against the wall. :smileymad:

Broadband 3G
countrywise

Re: Problem with Broadcom-Driver on new set up system z570

[ Edited ]

Hi,

a long shot,but try this, switch the radio channel of the router (is it Apple Time Capsule ?)

from 12 to 10 .

This link may provide some answers,even though it's  for ubuntu

http://askubuntu.com/questions/143782/wireless-is-disabled-by-hardware-switch-lenovo-b460/143903#143...

this in particular:

'resetting my Bios to fix it. Simply restart your laptop and press F2 at boot up. Once in the Bios, press F9 to reset the Bios, followed by F10 to save and exit. Test your wifi now. If it's working, you can now head back to your bios and get things setup the way you like them again.'

Hope it helps.

Paper Tape
senseless

Re: Problem with Broadcom-Driver on new set up system z570

after a night full of tests i had the idea to reflash uefi

and it worked

started windows and now i'm able to use wifi. maybe bios reset would had brought the same effect but now its good and i'm happy with my clean system ^^