Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HDMI
kostadinbal

Processor location on Y570

So I bought a CoolerMaster Notepal U2 laptop cooler (with removable fans) and I'd like to know where is the exact location of the CPU and GPU when i flip the laptop . I'm asking because I want to place the removable fans right under the 2 components. I know that they should be somewhere around the circular hole (where the laptop fan is).

Regards, Kostadin

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Re: Processor location on Y570

[ Edited ]

Hi again Kostadin,

under the laptop's fan looks like a good position,

see -Lenovo Y470/Y570 Hardware Maintenance Manual-, page 61-62...

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/UserGuide/Guide_list.aspx?CategoryID=867235

I suggest to use -CPUID Hardware Monitor- freeware to keep an eye on temperature...

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Regards... Zehn

HDMI
kostadinbal

Hello, 

So thats what I did but I don't see a difference in the temperatures even when I'm playing games and I'm a bit frustrated...

Token Ring
zitnikp

In optimal conditions, you MAY see the maximum of about 4-5°C drop in the system, but much more than that will never happen. The Notepal u2 just increases the airflow and takes care that the colder air from beneath the laptop is drawn up into the machine.

HDMI
kostadinbal

Hello,

I see now, its actually quite cool under the laptop but the sensors show otherwise. Do you think there is a better cooler?

Token Ring
Fletchman1313

I wonder if slapping one of those medical cold packs into the U2 would make a difference.  

802.11n
velenoso666

[ Edited ]

kostadinbal wrote:

Hello,

I see now, its actually quite cool under the laptop but the sensors show otherwise. Do you think there is a better cooler?

Thanks dude, I had the opinion quite a few post ago that cooling pads do almost nothing and aren't really a good investment, but some here argued different.

Token Ring
Fletchman1313

Well, I also ordered a U2 the other day.  So I can add more data to the argument (one way or another).

Although the U2 is just a metal stand that you can attach fans to.  I'm thinking I could've built one with a telephone stand and some wire hangers, paper clips, and duct tape.   Although it wouldn't look as nice.

Token Ring
zitnikp

Sensors don't lie. They show the temperature of the processor, not the casing. If you would so desire to have a cooler laptop, you should get the TIM replaced(the thermal compound). Laptop case might help you for up to about 5°C if it's your lucky day(I have had 3 of those lucky days now haha), besides, they won't help alot with cooling. They sure as hell won't stop stuttering.

Token Ring
Fletchman1313

Well, I don't get the stuttering problem.  I just notice a temp difference between a wooden tabletop, a flat metal monitor stand, and an "elevated" plastic stand.   The Y570 runs hottest on the tabletop, and coolest on the metal stand.  

So I'm about to find out if an "elevated" metal stand with fans attached to it makes a difference.   That's essentially what the U2 is.