Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
EM
Paper Tape
EM
Accepted Solution

Question about OS, and SSD on y480

Hello, im thinking about ordering the ideapad y480 with the 1TB and 32GB of SSD, and read somewhere that it would be a good idea to install the OS in the SSD and other programs and applications in the 1TB hdd, do you think this will work, and is it a good idea. And if it is possible, how should i describe it in my order so that people at lenovo install the OS in the SSD and not in the hhd... is that possible?

btw im still not sure if ordering right now because i hear there might be coming a y480 with a 650m nvidia gpu, but i dont know if it would fit into my <1,000US$ budget. Do you think it will? and does anyone know when will it be arriving? thnanks!

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Question about OS, and SSD on y480

Hello EM and welcome to community,

Operating System on SSD is really good idea and performance is good.

You can reinstall reinstall the Operating System on SSD as refer to the mentioned below web link.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/HintsandTips/hints_show_12870415982811.html

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
iRita

[ Edited ]
Paper Tape
heleonardman

iRita wrote:

Disregard Post--question answered here: http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/HintsandTips/hints_show_12870415982811.html

Rita 

Is there any chance these links can be updated? I want to install windows to the SSD but do not have a instalation disk, as it didnt come with it....

Great laptop.

Paper Tape
y480qs

The link you provided needs to be updated. It doesn't work.