Support in other languages: 
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: defective keyboard

Hello All,

For those who are experiencing this issue, do try the following.

1. Uninstall Guard ID software. KnowledgeBase article here
  2. Do a One Key Recovery (OKR)

If issue persist after uninstalling Guard ID software and OKR. Try pluging in an external keyboard and test if the issue still persist.

If there is no issue when using external keyboard, do contact service.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
mxnsxxr

I have no GID software installed, but I still have the Custom Program Settings.

What can i do to fix it? my Bios is the latest one available.

What's DOS?
Aesti

I have this problem also. Did sending the laptop in to be repaired fix it long-term for everyone?

What's DOS?
coolch

Re: Random Unwanted Keyboard Shortcuts

I have the exact same issue here. 

My laptop is Y560 and bought in the U.S. But I am relocated to Singapore now. How can I get it fixed?

Btw, my Y560 also have the beep sound problem.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
MrGlister

@coolch

I had the issue and had to send it in to get fixed.  More importantly, I am curious what will happen in your situation.  Please with what happened when you get this resolved.  I'll also be relocating to singapore temporarily and would like to be prepared.

Paper Tape
xeption90

I sent it in to get it fixed a couple weeks ago. They replaced keyboard, but problem still exists. I have to copy-paste to type y, u, h, j, n, and m. Let's see what they do now.

What's DOS?
cqmom

Same problem here. Only external keyboard works. Don't have Guard ID or ID Vault. Don't want to restore - what a pain. Still under warranty. Hope they will just replace keyboard.

Community Moderator
yigit

@ cqmom
check if the issue persists on safe mode, if it does, lenovo will replace your keyboard for free.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Blue Screen Again
sendsouth

I want to add that I am also having this problem. I will take it back to the shop. I can tell you right now, as a first time Lenovo user I will NEVER waste my money on one again. I'd go as far as saying Acers are superior!

Jamie

What's DOS?
robsoonex

I have the same problem, seems that frequency is really random not depending on any factor. Sometimes it starts while writing (not really fast) and then seems to disappear but once I start to write really fast, problem arises again.

I sent request for Finnish department, but I hope I won't have problems with return as I bought my laptop from US. Seller told me that I have international warranty so let's see.

Anyway I don't have good experience with my lenovo till now: I just solved problem of my HD5730 (I had do downclock memory clock from 800 to 775mhz in way to get rid of graphical artifacts) and now this keyboard... I hope return to service will do good for it.