Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
balalistens

Re: Random Unwanted Keyboard Shortcuts

I encountered the same problem today, while I was working in Windows 7. When I booted in Ubuntu, It worked absolutely fine. So I booted back into Win&, removed the Keyboard Driver and re-installed it. It worked absolutely fine. The problem just disappeared.

Just go to Control Panel->Device Manager and remove the keyboard driver. Then Restart and Windows 7 will

automatically re-install the driver

Hope this helps

Punch Card
matthewsokolows

I just started having this problem in the last week or so....

Intermittently the "lenovo custom program settings" will pop up when I press 'm', as well as other irratic behavior (windows resizing, 'file' being selected on whatever application is active, etc...).  I just had my laptop repaired for another unrelated issue and really don't want to send it back again.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and its still happening.  My y560P has been nothing but headaches in terms of build quality.  This surely must be a software issue though, no?

Punch Card
matthewsokolows

Here's the fix...

HERE

Basically, another design flaw from Lenovo.  I really think this laptop was rushed out wthout adequate testing.  Anyways, easy fix, not sure if it voids warrenty though.  Having said that, I'm all for avoiding warrenty support and the repair depot at all costs, so this works for me. 

**Attempt Fix @ your own risk**

Punch Card
Rockdrum

That guy it's a genius.FAR more inteligent than lenovo support, he solved a problem that lenovo could not figure out and offered slow and useless solutions that will cause again the problem. THANKS for share the first REAL solution!!!!

Retired Employee
JameZ

Wow ... Good find matthewsokolows~!

Will share it with the engineers.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

What's DOS?
Arlinas

matthewsokolows, You are a genius. Thank You...
What's DOS?
Helen67

Can anyone tell me how the fix is done? I tried going to YouTube and its not working. I downloaded the current version of Flash but I keep getting the same error message.  Thanks!

What's DOS?
rmeakins

Thanks matthewsokolows! Found this forum thread, followed to your Youtube video and applied the fix to my Y560p. Half an hour in and so far issue has not returned.