Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
spineboyak04

Rapid Boot issues

I bought 2 new U300s on line from Lenovo USA.......  my wife brought it back to Australia.  WHAT THE ??!!??   Both units's rapid boot from sleep does not work?  Contacted Lenovo, might have to ship both ultrabooks back to Texas  for a replacements.....

Anyone else having problem...  One key recovery did not fix this...  any suggestions?

Paper Tape
spineboyak04

Re: Rapid Boot issues

Spent more than 1 hour with tech support from USA....  no luck, flashing BIOS, reinstalling drivers, changing power settings all did not work.  I have to spend both laptops to the repair depot in Texas. Lenovo Australia does not support U300s.  Any problems will need to be sorted out in the US...pity

Two laptops with the same problem.....  it cannot be coincidence.  They will not ship the laptops back to Australia when it is repaired either.... disappointing when it is a production fault.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hello Spineboyak04,

I understand your issue and feeling really bad you are encountering problem with your new laptop and also it is not supported in Australia.

Kindly make sure you have the RapidBoot software version 1.12 installed.

The software can be download from the mentioned below web link.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8mrb20ww.exe

You may try uninstalling the software and install it again after the restart.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
spineboyak04

Unfortunately, after unistalling and then reinstalling the newer version of Rapid Boot.......   no luck.  It will does not wake up from sleep.

I will now FedEx the two laptops back to Texas for repairs.  Hopefully they will ship it out to Australia after the two laptops are repaired.

Paper Tape
spineboyak04

After sending the two laptops to Texas....  they reinstalled the OS in one, and said the other was fine... sent the first laptop to San Francisco, and not to Australia as requested. Now, the first  laptop is sitting in storage in SF, the second one is with the Repair Depot  and they say that there is NOTHING wrong with it.  I asked if I could speak/email  to the Technical Support Engineer, and was told that it was not possible to do so.

It worries me that they have now returned one, about to returned the second without any changes, all to SF where I am not present to check if the units are working properly, and it will cost me US$500 all together to get the 2 laptops repaired.... all at my cost!!  The call centre person said that there will be NO refund on shipping!!

Why is a cost to me when there is a problem with the two units straight out of the BOX!!!  And now, I  still do not have the computers in hand....   WHAT A MESS!!!

As much as the Industry Reviews on the Lenovo U300s have been positive, I have to say I have been EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with this whole purchase, and would caution everyone about  the support provided by Lenovo.

I am now questioning how Lenovo could possibly be a company of good reputation when this is all I get from them.  I would NOT recommend Lenovo to anyone..... unless they contact me, and offer reimbursements on the shipping of the units.

What's DOS?
LaszeSzalb

I have exactly the same problem as spineboyak- my brand new U300s never gets back to work after I let it sleep.

For that reason I need to shut it down every time I stop work for longer periods of time...

Its really huge disappointment!!

Dear Lenovo support, could you please have a look on this issue - maybe you can sort this thing out and release a new update to to solve this problem

Im sure there is more people struggling with that... most of them probably just gave the laptop back for a replacement and never found themselves in such a bad situation as spineboyak...

Please, help!!!

Paper Tape
spineboyak04

Dear LaszeSzalb

I have sent the two laptops into Lenovo in Texas from Australia...... they would not return the laptops to me in Australia.....  Unfortunately all the shipping expense is at my cost.

They reinstalled the OS, not from the onekey rescue, but via a drive.....   apparetly rapid boot is now working, although I do not  have the laptops in my hand to confirm this.

Try reloading Windows from a cd..... I tried onekey rescue which did not help.

Serial Port
madseason

[ Edited ]

LOL, what made you buy your laptops in US? Dont you have computers in local stores in Sydney, or they were a bit cheper? :smileywink:

There is a workaround for your problems, you may try to hibernate instead of setting to sleep your OS, maybe this will work for you?
If not you may try another one, if your SSD is 80GB you can install OS on this one (withoud boost technology it will be even faster), if you have the 'smaller option' there is nothing you can do, by the time they will release new drivers.

.. and seriously? $500 is what you lost for this 'repairs'?
for 400$ you could buy 2x 80GB PIC-e SSD for those laptops, and have spare $100 for booze :smileyhappy:

=============================================================================================
y460, i7 640m, 8GB 1066 CL-7, 80GB SSD Intel 310 pci-e + 500GB HDD WD, ATI 5650m + eGPU GTX 560 Ti 2GB GDDR5
Paper Tape
spineboyak04

madseason wrote:

LOL, what made you buy your laptops in US? Dont you have computers in local stores in Sydney, or they were a bit cheper? :smileywink:

There is a workaround for your problems, you may try to hibernate instead of setting to sleep your OS, maybe this will work for you?
If not you may try another one, if your SSD is 80GB you can install OS on this one (withoud boost technology it will be even faster), if you have the 'smaller option' there is nothing you can do, by the time they will release new drivers.

.. and seriously? $500 is what you lost for this 'repairs'?
for 400$ you could buy 2x 80GB PIC-e SSD for those laptops, and have spare $100 for booze :smileyhappy:

The U300s have not been launched in Australia as yet.....  hence I bought them whilst I was in the US......   yes, in hindsight......  th emoney would have been better spent on good food and good wine.

Anyway, I will find out soon enough as the two laptops are being sent back to me....:smileyvery-happy: