Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
TripleH

Re: how do i get rid of these advertizing popups

[ Edited ]

I have searched other boards and most tell me to remove the Message Centre but I don't seem to have a message centre on my computer. I also don't have the pop-ups with an option to stop them. It is unbelievable that a company would think it would be ok to invade someones computer that they have obviously paid for. Advertising is only supposed to invade your space if you are enjoying something for free!

My Model number is CB01012657 it is an Ideapad Z560.

Thank you for your help.

Edit: Matched content to title

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

[ Edited ]

TripleH,

My advice to you is to go through the "Programs and Features" control panel and uninstall anything that you don't use.  All computer manufacturers preload software that is not useful for everyone, and fortunately Windows makes it real easy to uninstall things that you don't want.  

If you want to describe in more detail what popups you are seeing, then someone can probably point you to exactly what you need to uninstall so that you don't see them anymore.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,323
Solutions: 285

TrippleH,

As you are posting on the Ideapad section of the forum, I'm going to hazzard a guess that it is the "Lenovo notes" application that is poping up messages.  This is an application specific to Idea products rather than Think products that would have message center plus.

Here is a link to an article in the forum's knowledge base on how to stop these messages.

Hope this helps.  If so, would you note this (or someotherguy's suggestion) as the solution on this thread?

If it doesn't solve the trouble, if you could share a screen capture, maybe we can help figure out where the messages are coming from...

Thanks!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español