Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
sunnysran

Regarding Novo function on a Lenovo Y510 notebook

I purchased the laptop about a year ago, and it's been working like a charm. Recently I ran into a problem with Windows Vista and I tried to use the Novo function to get my system up and running again. But the function refused to work. I realised that I had extended the space on my partition C: when I purchased the notebook, with help of a partition manager. I somehow recovered my system without the Novo function.

Now I was wondering if I could get answers for a few questions:

1. Since my hard drive partitioning is all screwed up (C: 60 gb, D: 103 gb, E: the eisa partition, D: 54 gb) contrary to the recommendations, is there a way by which I can still use the Novo function? Or what steps do I have to take tor the Novo function to work again?

2. Since Microsoft released two service packs for Vista and the version stored on the EISA partition is the original Windows Vista, is there some way that I can update the Widows Vista stored on the EISA partition?

I'm sorry to have posted again if this has already been answered before.

Fanfold Paper
sevenduce

Re: Regarding Novo function on a Lenovo Y510 notebook

27.1 GB ON THE D DRIVE

Community Moderator
yigit

if you make any changes on your volumes ( partititons ), you did, one key recover button - novo- or application doesn't work. you need to ship it back to lenovo support to reset your hard disk to factory ( default )

if you're about to do this, back-up all your personal datas, cause all the files will be deleted after this process.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
jchen1

hi how did you recover your system even though the NOVO key didn't work? I haven't modified my drive, but the NOVO key still didn't work. I need a way to recover to the original state as the vista is too messed up now.

Paper Tape
jchen1

why does the NOVO key brings up the normal windows vista, not the recovery?

I am in need of restore the Y510 laptop back to its original state; however, everytime I pressed the NOVO key which was supposed to initiate the one-key recovery process; instead it was booting up the Windows Vista.

This is driving me nuts! I rather they just give us a CD or DVD for restoration.

Some one please help! Thanks!---John

FYI: this laptop was purchased in Aug. 2008. I have not changed any of the drive or partition settings. THe Lenovo recovery drive is instact!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: why does the NOVO key brings up the normal windows vista, not the recovery?

try to burn recovery discs, then use them.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com