Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
siddhesh1609
Accepted Solution

Regarding my queries.

Hi I bought my lenovo ideapad z560 2 weeks ago and the configuration is as follows:

intel core i5

3gb ddr3 ram

500 gb Hard disk

512 mb nvidia geforce 310m

My laptop came with Windows 7 home premium and i could find a serial key below my laptop with microsoft trademark with that key

my questions are

1: If that windows copy is registered to this laptop, why my laptop box dint consist of the dvd of this serial key.

2: As my partitions are c:\ = 420 gb and d:\ = 30 gb i want to make c :\ lesser by partitioning it , How do i do that without my liscenced dvd ?

please Help

Thank you in advance

-Siddhesh Malaikar.

IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 126

Re: Regarding my queries.

siddhesh1609 wrote:

Hi I bought my lenovo ideapad z560 2 weeks ago and the configuration is as follows:

intel core i5

3gb ddr3 ram

500 gb Hard disk

512 mb nvidia geforce 310m

My laptop came with Windows 7 home premium and i could find a serial key below my laptop with microsoft trademark with that key

my questions are

1: If that windows copy is registered to this laptop, why my laptop box dint consist of the dvd of this serial key.

2: As my partitions are c:\ = 420 gb and d:\ = 30 gb i want to make c :\ lesser by partitioning it , How do i do that without my liscenced dvd ?

please Help

Thank you in advance

-Siddhesh Malaikar.

1. Your laptop comes with a hidden system partition. Don't erase it. To have the DVDs set, you need to create a recovery disk set using OneKey Recovery software. Then you will have a recovery disk set to restore anytime your disk schema.
  2. With a partition manager software. But, remember, before changing anything you must to create a recovery disk set.
IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Paper Tape
siddhesh1609

thank u for replying !! I made those disks when i bought the laptop so I might give it a go now!

XBrav
Topics: 16
Kudos: 81
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 37

[ Edited ]

The key is on the bottom of the case because you own a single license of Windows 7. Prior to Windows Vista, you had to have a special Windows disc to activate with these keys.

The benefit to the Lenovo recovery discs you can create is they are preloaded with all the necessary software to get you up and running.

If you made the discs, the easiest way to resize the partitions are to use a partitioning software. The most effective one I've used is gparted. Download and follow the instructions. You can either burn a CD or run from USB: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

The reason I say to do this is because you can expand the C: to make it larger. I've done this on my PC, and shrunk partitions when I want to boot another OS.

As well, gparted is extremely popular, and well supported, so there is tons of documentation on how to use it.

As long as your recovery discs are made, and work (test this first!), you can delete all the partitions except for the main (OS) one without issue.

But as always, make sure your discs work first. I'd hate to have your discs fail if the repartitioning fails for any reason.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
maf
Token Ring
maf

There is long list of problems with One Key Recovery not working after resizing your partitions.  If you call Lenovo, they will supply you with a System Disc (they may charge a small fee - but it is worth it).  I just received mine last week.