Support in other languages: 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,308
Solutions: 283

Re: Resolution: Ordered Windows 7, got Vista. - Warranty NOT upgraded

mmassouline,

Thanks for the follow up...  I'll get back to you today! 

Ryansinn,

Please see the link that Zoltanthegypsy posted... as a possibility, if support is not checking through the consumersupport site warranty look up, the extended time may not be showing.

Regarding the key - the Recovery disk included a NEW windows COA - you needed to enter the key from that one.

Alternately, we had provided an opportunity to send the unit in to a special rework process at the time all this occurred back in Nov / Dec to resolve via a load and proper set of the system. 

Please check the materials that came with your Recovery DVD - you should have had special instructions in your kit.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
monteolsen1

Hi Mark,

Hopefully, you'll see this. I am trying to get a replacement for the recovery disk that was sent back in Nov/December. I have misplaced the one that was sent to me. (I was part of the group that had the wrong OS installed on our computers.) Could you see what I have to do to get a replacement for that recovery disk, which is what you just referred to?

Thank you,

Monte Olsen

Mark_Lenovo

Monte,

Please send me a private message with your contact information for shipping, and either your system serial number CBUxxxxxx or your original sales order number so I can confirm your elligibility, and I'll send one out to you.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
monteolsen1

Hi Mark,

Private message sent, but received no reply yet. Hopefully, everything came through OK.

Monte

Mark_Lenovo

Monteolsen1,

Thanks for the prompt, I'll check for it today and get back to you this afternoon to confirm the shipment.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

Fanfold Paper
monteolsen1

Thanks much, Mark.

Paper Tape
syfareed

Hi Mark,

I am trying to get a replacement for the Windows 7  recovery disk that was sent  in December ( Y550 shipped with vista instead of windows 7 ). I have misplaced the windows 7 recovery disk and product  key sticker that came along with it . Could you see what I have to do to get a replacement for that recovery disk and the product key associated with it.
Thanks

Syed