Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
papersplease

Resolution of DOA warranty claim (sort of)

[For part one of this saga, see http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/New-Laptop-Y560p-start-up-issues-already/m-p/...

So, after close to three months of wading through the Lenovo support bureaucracy (with some much appreciated and timely help from the forum moderators) and a long wait for a replacement to be shipped out, I received by replacement laptop in late Feb.  Lenovo were kind enough to send a y570 to replace my DOA y560p, due to lack of stock availability, so very happy about that outcome (thanks Lenovo!).

One strange thing though, Lenovo sent me two replacement laptops...

While I'm not complaining about being sent a free laptop, I'm assuming that was a mistake.  As soon as I received the second laptop, I called the customer care line to let them know what had happened and they agreed to arrange a courier to come pick up the surplus laptop (this was still in late Feb).  Two weeks passed and no courier, so I called up again and was assured a courier was being arranged.  As of today (almost two months after I called the support line about this), I still have a brand new, unopened y570 sitting here waiting to be picked up.  I wish I'd known it was a duplicate replacement when I was signing for delivery, otherwise I would have just refused to take possession and the laptop would have been returned to Lenovo by the courier.

I seriously have no idea what to do with this thing.  Don't want to open it/sell it/give it away as it's technically not my property, so it's just collecting dust at the moment.  Thanks to the somewhat crazy 'uncollected goods' laws where I live, I'm going to have to formally notify (via snail mail) Lenovo of the issue and if they don't respond within the specified time frame, I'm legally required to advertise and publicly auction the laptop.  Worst of all, I then have to give the proceeds of the auction (minus any sale related costs) to the state Treasury!  

Sorry to waste more of your valuable time, but are any of the mods able to step in and help get this thing moving again? Either that or I'm more than happy for a Lenovo rep email me with notification that I've been assigned full legal ownership of the duplicate :smileytongue:

As an aside, what the heck is going on with Lenovo's corporate systems? Surely I can't be the only one who's been sent a duplicate replacement (though I may be the only one dumb enough to try and do the right thing and report it to Lenovo, twice).  And I definitely know (reading the posts on this forum) that I'm not the only one who's had such a horrible and lengthy warranty process.  Lenovo seriously need to get their corporate systems in order as this sort of thing is literally costing them money, customers and business reputation.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

Re: Resolution of DOA warranty claim (sort of)

Hi sorry about what happened, please check your private message.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft