Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
rayleigh
Accepted Solution

[SOLVED] Lenovo Y560P Custom Program Settings **FIXED**

[ Edited ]

Hello Lenovo community,

I purchased a Lenovo y560p ideapad during the summer and about a month ago I noticed that "Custom Program Settings" window would pop up randomly. This also caused my laptop to start typing random letters and spaces including muting of my volume. Now, I searched online and some say that the solution is to uninstall GID from my program files - this GID thing does not exist for me. I am on the verge of destroying this laptop with my fists - however, I did pay a good amount for it and would like to find a fix :smileyhappy: Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this annoyance??

SOLUTION: The user under me was kind enough to reply with a youtube video of how to fix this - it works, took less than 5min.

Thank You

802.11n
velenoso666

Re: Lenovo Y560P Custom Program Settings

[ Edited ]

I've seen on youtube that hitting the letter "M" while typing will make the "Custom Program Settings"  pop up see if this is what's happening to you. Video 

Others have had a problem with the keyboard, were the process of typing (pushing down on the keyboard) was cauing the keyboard ribbon <-------check it out.

Paper Tape
rayleigh

Thank you for posting that video - I tried it, took about 2minutes and now no more custom settings crap.

802.11n
velenoso666

Don't thank me thank Lenovo for ths great self help site, come back any time.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 253
Solutions: 136

Hi guys,

Our engineers are aware of this and service centre should fix it based on the instruction they have recently received.

Also, thanks to everyone above for sharing on this issue. Help a lot indeed! Thanks velenoso666!

Cheers!
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español