Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Snerler

SSD + HDD problem

Something strange happened with my Y570 with the 64 GB SSD + HDD.  I read a lot about RapidDrive before I got the laptop and I was expecting my Y570 to come with rapiddrive preinstalled. But when I actually got the computer it looked like rapiddrive was not installed. There was no rapiddrive application installed, there were two separate drives in Disk Management and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program showed only the SSD as the system disk.

Then I needed to use Disk Management to format a flash drive and I noticed that my HDD and SSD were pooled into "Disk 0." I checked the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program and now it showed that both the HDD and SSD were being called sytem disks. My windows experiance index also went down from 7.6 to 5.9. Disk Management also gives the same popup that i've seen posted by people who have rapiddrive installed, which it didn't initialy show for me.

I don't really care about the windows eperiance index score as much as I'm confused about what the heck is happening... I didn't install rapid drive, or make any changes that would cause my SSD and HDD to be pooled into Disk 0. Is rapiddrive related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology? Is there any reason that my storage configuration changed without my input? Can I return to they way that my computer was set up initially without reinstalling windows 7?

Thanks

802.11n
christopherlang

Re: SSD + HDD problem

[ Edited ]

How old is your machine? Are you using a preload image? Last I read you don't want to use it. It was pulled I think. There is an uninstall tool you can grab from the website --Sorry for Thinkpads there is an uninstall, You should see if there is one for Ideapads. Not sure how much more you have to do after that (if you can find an uninstall tool or just uninstall yourself should be possible though there may be a procedure you need to follow in order to return your system to the disk configuration that you want).