Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Colby

Screen Issue, Anyone have the same problem?

I recently bought a Y510 and It has been amazing for what I do with it, but I have one problem the screen has a couple of chips in it! they aren't terribly noticeable, but I know they are there now so i can't help but concentrate on them. I have taken excellent care of it never dropped anything even near it, use it on hard surfaces, shut it as gently as possible, and it never leaves my sight. But there are definately chips in the screen and I was wondering if anybody has had this happen, I'm afraid they will get worse and that Lenovo won't cover it since laptop manufacturers rarely cover screen issues like this because they usually say it was caused by me. Which I promise i have taken excellent care of it. Any feedback would be cool and would be greatly appreciated.
Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: Screen Issue, Anyone have the same problem?

If I'm getting you right, there're areas on screen where colours are different or contrast/brightness differ? They are square-type? This can be caused by LCD matrix and by Videocard. Both should be under warranty and no doubt this will be handled for free.

To be sure download Nokia Monitor Test and test your screen. Also try reinstallign video drivers, but the chance that it's a software issue is less than 1%.

Pity for your case.

//help will save the world
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Zekses

I think he means scratches. Some ppl have this problem, although it`s not certatin what causes it (some blame the keyboard frame). You can try applying protective screen to your notebook. This will protect against direct contact of glass with anything and also will make your screen less reflective (see photos in Y510 antiglare topic)
What's DOS?
Colby

Yeah Zekses is right, I have scratches and dinks on the screen, nothing to do with drivers or video card. But thanks for yalls help at least I'm not the only one I guess, do you think they would cover that or no?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Zekses

Dunno. I think Mark_Lenovo is the only one who can answer this
Retired Guru
skripatch

Oh, I see what's the point. I saw people dealed with such scratches with vaseline - it's transparent and non-agressive. it fills such things great. Also wax can help.

Seriously, no jokes.

//help will save the world
What's DOS?
Colby

Well Thanks guys hopefully he'll see the post and let me know if it's covered. It just sucks because I take super good care of it and something I can't control happens to it. Other than this it has been phenomenal.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Zekses

[ Edited ]
btw, Colby, can you make a photo of these scrathes? So far we are operating with words only, maybe actually seeing them will help determine the cause.
Message Edited by Zekses on 07-06-2008 04:53 AM
What's DOS?
Colby

Yeah I sure will buddy, I should have some up by tonight. They might be hard to see but I'll do the best I can.
Serial Port
mikepasta

[ Edited ]

Part of this issue was posted earlier. It addresses the problem and a way that some of us have benefited from this board. This ShaggyMac cloth (or insert your favorite brand here) works great to prevent the scratches. Unfortunately, it doesn't do much good for the scratches you already have. I hope you find a fix and I would highly recommend the ShaggyMac to anyone. No... I do not work for them, and no, I don't get anything from the company for mentioning them. :smileyhappy:

Thanks to wernst for the original post on the ShaggyMac. :smileywink:

Message Edited by mikepasta on 07-06-2008 07:32 PM
Beer... It does a body good!