Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
paulkaye

Re: Solution for Multimedia Play/Pause button opening Windows Media Player on IdeaPad

Hi,

You suggested reinstalling mediamonkey (and, therefore, its entire library) which I said seemed somewhat extreme. This registry tweak seems like a more refined approach (although, obviously, it's still a hack).

Serial Port
o0TMS0o

Re: Solution for Multimedia Play/Pause button opening Windows Media Player on IdeaPad

hi, i don't really remember everything of this, but i guess you can put any path you meaning, nothing so no apps will fire up, or another app you which to start (which i find boring) use play to open winamp, and use spotify, press pause ... then play spotify will start again and winamp pops up ...weird ;-) i prefere to have one button to start the app, another to control it. well depends on your use regards
Fanfold Paper
chx_define

hey hey hey hey hey it worked thanks! hahahaha 

Paper Tape
AWDriver

Better solution available. In the following link, go to Step 7 and select your default other music player BUT ALSO UNCHECK "ENABLE ACCESS TO THIS PROGRAM" for WMP. This prevents WMP from loading, and therefore being started every time you use media keys. Discovered this when annoyed to find the same software being used to power my y570. http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/516001-how-change-default-programs-windows-7-a.html
Paper Tape
AWDriver

Nevermind, that solution has stopped working :/ (might have been a windows update or fluke it worked at all in the first place).
Paper Tape
guji-dude

ive tried %programfile (x86)%\videolan\vlc in the location box but it doesnt work. am i doing something wrong???
Ctrl-Alt-Del
suryak

Well, this solution seems to work but I have one problem. How do I start my custom player by clicking "play" button. I mean, previously when I clicked "Fn + Play" Windows Media Player used to start up. Now my custom player isn't starting up in such a way though the hot keys are working once its opened
Ctrl-Alt-Del
suryak

You did the wrong way. Try this %ProgramFiles%\VideoLAN\VLC

I suppose your VLC is in c:\program files\VideoLAN\VLC
Ctrl-Alt-Del
suryak

These keys are not working when I minimize my VLC player.
What's DOS?
jjnilton

had to register just to thank you, it worked perfectly, i don't know why lenovo did this! shame on you lenovo!