Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Arun_Vineeth

Solution not Provided - Replaced Mother Board and Battery - Asking for Replacement

I would like to know the escalation point beyond customer relationship manager.

Complaint - Lenovo - Ideapad 460p - - Case # WN433580

Below is the email content that I wrote to lenovo support on 01/Feb/2011 followed by multiple emails to customer relationship manager no result. What I am asking for is to replacement if they cannot rectify. The machine is still under warranty.

Laptop - Idea pad 460P
Pre-condition - Battery has a charge of greater or equal to 95%
Issue - Plug the laptop to the power supply. The battery icon displays "Plugged in, not charging" and the battery does not charge at all. After sometime, if I unplug and use my laptop with battery charge, it does not last for long.

I am writing this email to bring this to you attention on the concern that I have, the way the issue with my laptop is dealt with.

This is the worst ever experience that I ever had/have with technical support and customer relationship manager. None of them have really understood the issue and I get different answers from different people and none of them were convincing and correct.

I am disappointed, why I purchased a laptop from Lenovo. I would have gone with Dell which I had earlier for more than 5 years without any trouble.

Here are the details of the issue. The laptop was purchased last year (in Apr 2011). In Oct 2011, I reported an issue with technical support (Case # WN433580). The call with technical support lasted almost an hour and half and he was trouble shooting with remote connection. The technical support person accepted it as an issue and asked me to ship the laptop to the depot. I had a benefit of doubt and I did ask the technician whether it is an issue or is it a setting because nowhere in the manual or technical specification it is mentioned as setting.

Since, I was traveling and not able to ship the laptop immediately. In Dec 2011 I called technical support to double check whether it is required to ship the laptop to depot. Technical support confirmed and I shipped the laptop for repair on the 3rd week of Dec '11. When I got the laptop after repair interestingly the battery was replaced and the issue still exists.

Again, I called the technical support; the technician took remote connection control, acknowledged it as an issue and asked me to send the laptop for repair again. The laptop was sent to the depot for the 2nd time (Case # WN445481) for repair. When I got the laptop after repair, the mother board was replaced and the issue still exists.

After all this happened, again when I called technical support he troubleshoots and said it is an isolated issue and he would escalate (Case # WN451891) this further for solution.

As of today I have called Lenovo 9 times, spent almost 4 to 5 hrs and I have been shuttling between technical solution and customer relationship manager (Case # 79437) for solution.

As a customer, how do you expect me to believe and trust? It was a brand new laptop with 2 years of warranty (1 year additional) and gone to depot for twice for repair. Now it is equivalent to me having a used one.

You could very well pull out the voice conversation that I had with technical support to understand the fact and I did ask them whether it is a system behavior.

With all the trouble and mental agony I went with Lenovo support for last 4+ months nothing yielded me a fruitful result. Now, again I have been asked by the customer relationship manager to call technical support for details.

With all this happened, I have few simple questions and here is what I am looking for.
 1.    If it is a setting or behavior why am I not seeing anywhere in the manual or specification?
 2.    Why was the technical support not able to tell me on the 1st time when I called them, in spite of me asking him? I was told to ship the laptop instead.
 3.    Why was the battery replaced? If it is not an issue? Is the technical support not able to find the root cause?
 4.    Even in the 2nd attempt why was motherboard changed?
 5.    Why did the escalation managed ask me to ship the laptop to the head office NC for Level 2 verification? and then routed to call technical support again? Probably the customer relationship manager is not aware about the entire discussion I had with technical support.
There is no point, in me wasting my time with technical support again because they are the ones who have confirmed it as an issue.
I would expect Lenovo to act immediately to build the confidence, trust and replace with a new laptop.

Appreciate it, if you can get back to me at the earliest and bring this to a closure.

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Solution not Provided - Replaced Mother Board and Battery - Asking for Replacement

Hello and welcome,

Do you still experience very short battery run time?  If you are concerned about not charging when over 95% - that may be a simple setting in the power manager.  It is done that way to preserve battery health.

If you don't get reasonable run-time, that's another problem entirely.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Solution not Provided - Replaced Mother Board and Battery - Asking for Replacement

To continue this conversation - if you care to:

A little more information might help figure out if you are facing ongoing hardware issues, or some setting that's out of whack.

First, is anything in this KB helpful? KB: Z570 - Battery plugged in but not charging status message

As to "if I unplug and use my laptop with battery charge, it does not last for long", how long does it last?

What is the machine type and model, and how many cells does the battery have?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Fanfold Paper
Arun_Vineeth

Even I thought so.....it would be power management set up issue....but none of them was able to prove...L1 and L2 support.....and no where in any of the technical specification/manual it is mentioned......from the begining I did had the same benefit of doubt..and I raised the same point and asked them whether it is a behaviour but no convincing answer and result.......I know you have options like performance and battery life improvement ......but the battery life improvement option is set as 80% and not 95%.....

and finaly customer service manager has agreed to replace my laptop on 03/Mar/2012...but again now after repeated follow up I am not getting response.....even my credit card details were given for security reasons......but I am not getting response at all.....

I am very much disappointed the way the issue has been handled......it started last year Oct 2011.....6 months now....and I could not use by laptop......I don't even think of recommend anyone to by lenovo....

Retired Employee
lak_sg

Hi Arun_Vineeth,

I'm sorry to hear about the service experience you received. I certainly can empathize with your disappointment.

I would like to see if I can assist with the matter. I need some additional information and I've private messaged you for details.

Do let me know.

Thanks!

lak_sg

WW Social Media

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!