Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
sreevidya

Sound keeps swicthing off automatically in IdeaPad U460

Hi

I bought a Ideapad U 460 a month back and my sound button keeps switching off randomly. I thought i was accidentally turning it off by clicking th mute button on slide bar so i carefully observed and made sur ethat si nto the case. I checked for any virus spyware or malware and I am clean. Does anyone have the same problem and if yes any solution?

Thanks

sree

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Sound keeps swicthing off automatically in IdeaPad U460

[ Edited ]

check the issue if persists on safe mode.also try to re-install the sound drivers.
( when you see lenogo logo at start-up, press f8 )

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
Oktubre

U460 - Lenovo speaker icon on/off out of control

[ Edited ]

Platform: Win 7 Professional - x64

I'm running into a quite annoying issue w/my laptop (bought it within the last 3 months), most of the times while on battery the lenovo audio/speaker icon automatically turns on and off (constantly, it's out of control), this among other issues:

- drains my battery

- wakes the laptop when the dim of the displays kicks in

The icon I'm talking about is the lenovo one that will show up on top of the taskbar when you press the audio shortcut key (above the prtsc key).

I couldnt find anything in the knowledge base nor in the forums.

Is it a known issue? is there a fix/workaround? I've tried everything from uninstalling/installing the realtek audio drivers to forcing al settings (even smart noise control is always off).

As I'm typing this message I see the icon going on and off like crazy ... quite annoying.

Thanks

Jose

Paper Tape
Oktubre

did you ever solve the issue? I'm running into the same and it is really annoying (I did try reinstalling the realtek driver)

Paper Tape
Oktubre

Re: U460 - Lenovo speaker icon on/off out of control

anyone?

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: U460 - Lenovo speaker icon on/off out of control

Make sure that button is not sticking.

Try uninstall and reinstall Energy Management.
I think it controls the OSD of volume.
Paper Tape
ET67

If you notice, there are multiple posts on the Lenovo website of customers complaining of intermittent mute and one key theater issues.  I like many people have uninstalled and reinstalled all possible software drivers to resolve the issue.  After 4 calls to Lenovo customer support, they agree the problem is probably hardware and the laptop should be sent in.  I will be sending my laptop in, but I'm interested in anybody who has resorted to it being a "hardware" problem to see if when they receive the laptop back if the problem is fixed or not.,  The problem does indeed seem to be software related, but there is no solution that I've seen thus far.  If anybody does indeed find out it is a hardware problem, I would like to know that. 

Fanfold Paper
samarasdim

I have the same problem .

Did anyone find a solution???

I believe the problem are the touch sensitive buttons . Do you know how to disable them?

Community Moderator
yigit

can you check if the issue persists on safe mode?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
samarasdim

Re: Sound keeps switching off automatically in IdeaPad U

The problem is also  appearing in the safe mode  :smileyhappy:

The only temporary solution I can find at the moment is to uninstall the levono energy management. (so the battery schemes dont change whenever they want) and in the BIOS to  select descerte graphics (so that it doesn't change the graphic adapter)

I still can find any solution for the sound . Suddenly it is going mute and unmute and vice versa 

Any solution????