Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
khaledseif

Re: Switchable Graphics

NVidia GT2xx do NOT support suitchable graphics.

Core i3 has an embedded GPU.

Paper Tape
gojkom

Hello eveybody, I have a problem too.
My Lenovo ideapad Y560 went to service (hard disc replaced), and now my switchable grafics doesn't work, I cannot switch from "full" mode. I have the button on my laptop, but nothing happens when I push it.
In my device manager it says that driver for my card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730) is up to date (v. 8.752.0.0). I followed lower link from the second page of this topic (Intel download cener), downloaded and installed, restarted laptop, but notning happend. :smileyindifferent:
I hope someone can help..
Thanks,
Gojko. 

Guru
dragnoak

Hi gojkom,

Welcome to this forum!

This may seem to be a stupid question, but you said "when I push it" I just want to clarify that you do not "push" this button on the front, rather the button should slide to the right to operate the card.

Y560

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
T420
Paper Tape
gojkom

Hi, thank you for welcome.
My mistake, yes, I know it slides to the right. Thanks however for this "suggestion" :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
gojkom

Problem still stays :/
Guru
dragnoak

[ Edited ]

gojkom wrote:i, thank you for welcome.

My mistake, yes, I know it slides to the right. Thanks however for this "suggestion" :smileyhappy:

Hi, gojkom.

I was really sorry to ask you that question, but I didn't know how experienced you were. I've seen other users that thought a "push" literally meant push in, not slide. Thanks for setting me straight. :smileylol:

Unfortunately, if the slide button does not engage the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 GPU, and you have all the proper drivers, the problem is probably in the hardware. Perhaps, when the repair team reassembled your unit, they missed connecting this switch. :smileysad:

My advise then, is to call for Lenovo support, and have them check out your hardware.

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
T420
Paper Tape
gojkom

OK, I'll do like that. Thank you very much!