Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
bummy

Thought I was lucky.... WRONG!!!

[ Edited ]

I have read many of your stories in the past few days and thought it wouldn't happen to me.  I guess I thought I was one of the lucky ones.  Bought my y560 from Frys for a good deal 950 after taxes and all.  It was running sc2 on highest settings ez, i7, 4 gigs of ram, 500gs hd, non switchable ati.  Then on the 3rd week during 2 hours of gaming it decides to go crazy.  I turned the unit off and it never boots up again, typical motherboard failure symptoms.  Its been at the Depot for 7 days now and I just got off the phone with a rep from India, whom was actually very sympathetic and courteous, tells me that my mobo replacement is on order and he has no date for when it will arrive.  He also tells me that there are 10-15 other y560's on hold for mobo replacements!  I think this is ridiculous!!  I would think they would have the spares on hand because it's a "Repair Depot".  Guess not......  Well guess lenovo has struck again..  Tune in for my update

XBrav
Topics: 16
Kudos: 82
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 37

Re: Thought I was lucky.... WRONG!!!

Usually the parts are made somewhere else in the world.

I used to have issues with another major manufacturer, also known as Hewlett Packard. I had systems out for a month.

If something like that happened to me during the first 30 days, I'd take it back to the store, and get them to RMA it.

However, for what it's worth, the laptop will come back all fixed up. I found the repair depot, at least the one in Canada, quite adequate.

Good luck.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Punch Card
bummy

Thanks for the comforting words :smileyhappy:.  I really hope it isnt going to take that long, I have midterms right around the corner.  I have my gf's Hp for back up but it would be nice to use the laptop I paid for.  I understand that it takes time to order parts, but seriously a month?  I can order something from Meritline or Dealxtreme direct from the people's republic and have it at my door in 2 weeks!  Lenovo is a worldwide brand and should have better service then this. 

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Bummy,

Thanks for sharing your story and your PM.  Will look into your case and see what can be done to expedite the parts and get you back up and running again.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
bummy

Just wanted to update everyone, they did offer me an extension for my warranty (3 months).  I don't really give a rats butt because I still have no laptop!!!!!!!!!  Although Mark tried to help, I am still without my laptop till the 30th of October.  I just want to warn anyone thinking of buying an Ideapad to STAY AWAY!!!  If you are unlucky and get a bad part, look forward to not having your laptop for a ridiculous amount of time.:smileyindifferent:

Fanfold Paper
naviger

It might be a good idea to buy the extended warranty before your factory warranty expires.  After the factory warranty has expired you can no longer buy the extended warranty.

Punch Card
bummy

[ Edited ]

Well I am starting to like Lenovo a lot more, but I will wait till my comp is actually back in front of me.  I want to thank Mark and Rae (supervisor) for helping me.  Rae actually got my part expedited to the reapir depot and its done 2 weeks ahead of earlier estimates.  They even gave me 3 months extension for my warranty and shipped my comp overnight which should be here tomorrow before 4:30.  So I guess there service isnt to bad as long as you make yourself heard.

Note from Moderator:  Employee name/e-mail/phone removed to protect their privacy per the forum rules.