Support in other languages: 
Reply
Blue Screen Again
samuelzarief
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-25-2012
Location: Egypt
0
Accepted Solution

Tingling Sensation “ Electric Shock” May Be Noticed When Touching Idea Pad Metal Components.

Tingling Sensation “ Electric Shock” May Be Noticed When Touching Idea Pad Metal Components.

 

I have recently bought Lenovo Idea Pad Z 570, once I connected the charger to AC current for Laptop charging I noticed that wherever I touch any metal part nearby the keyboard or the touch Pad I start getting that Electric little Shock,

I went through all the forums even contacted the Technical Support via phone, the only answers I received are:

  1. Get connected to the AC using the three-pin connection charger cable
  2. Trying to connect to any other electricity plugs
  3. Or change the way of connecting the cable

From my side nothing worked, as I also knew that its kind of well known issue with Dell laptops, hp as well, when it comes to brushed-aluminum finish.

Kindly Advice if there any solution of avoiding this issue, not to turn back the laptop as I am still in the grace period .

 

Thanks,

Samuel

What's DOS?
profyou
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-11-2012
Location: india
0

Re: Tingling Sensation “ Electric Shock” May Be Noticed When Touching Idea Pad Metal Components.

Did you get any solution?
A lamination on the body may prevent the tingling sensation, but won't solve it technically. Also, i fear it can cause trouble to the electronic components.
Community Moderator
Zehnsteine
Posts: 1,180
Registered: ‎08-28-2011
Location: Thailand

Re: Tingling Sensation “ Electric Shock” May Be Noticed When Touching Idea Pad Metal Components.

[ Edited ]

Hi Prof,

 

Warning...  defective electrical installations can electrocute you!

To cover safety aspects please call a electrician to check your power outlets...

maybe the ground connectors are not grounded properly.

If there is no ground system installed in your electric power installation (2 wires only),

ask the electrician to try and interchange the L & N wires.

 

 

A faint electric tingling sensation while standing barefoot on a stone-floor and touching

metal parts of electrical appliances may be annoying but is harmless to man and machine.

 

It could be avoided by wearing slippers if possible or place some sort of carpet or linoleum

under the computer table to electrically insulate your feet from the floor.

 

Zehn

 

Add.... I strongly advise to install a Residual-Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB) aka Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI)

            in your house.

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device

          

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABB-RESIDUAL-CURRENT-OPERATED-CIRCUIT-BREAKER-2-POLE-40A-30mA-F362-40-0-03-/...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leviton-7899-R-GFCI-Ground-Fault-Circuit-Interrupter-20A-250-Volt-Receptacle...

What's DOS?
pchandor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎01-16-2013
Location: India
0

Re: Tingling Sensation “ Electric Shock” May Be Noticed When Touching Idea Pad Metal Components.

I am also facing same issue with Z580 which I bought just few hours ago. The electric shock is not there if I remove the charger from the laptop
Broadband 3G
Tinderbox_UK
Posts: 337
Registered: ‎05-29-2012
Location: UK, England
0

Re: Tingling Sensation “ Electric Shock” May Be Noticed When Touching Idea Pad Metal Components.

[ Edited ]

It`s most likely you shocking the notebook a static charge builds up on your clothes, synthitic clothing and footware that insulated you from discharging to the ground, electricity always finds the shortest route to ground, and your notebook when it is plugged into the mains is ideal.

 

http://www.electrostatics.net/articles/static_build_up_on_people.htm

 

Look at reducing your static buildup.

 

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Ctrl-Alt-Del
tro7e
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎05-16-2013
0

Discharge on aluinium case parts

I've started another topic as it is completely different problem. I've got a weird feeling like the surface wasn't plain but a bit rough. That feeling disappears when the charger is turned off or when I put my whole hand on the surface or when the other one is on it. That means that this is some kind of wire coat issue. I wonder if this is a common problem or if I should make a complainment because of this.

Paper Tape
BamBam22
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎11-08-2013
Location: Florida, US
0

Re: Tingling Sensation “ Electric Shock” May Be Noticed When Touching Idea Pad Metal Components.

static buildup shock is a one time only shock the first time you touch a grounded item. It cannot continue more than several microseconds.