Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
TheBrownBoss
Accepted Solution

Touchpad freezes mouse briefly after switching programs or typing. Y560P Ideapad

[ Edited ]

Whenever I try to move my mouse using my touchpad right after i type something, the mouse freezes for about a second before it starts moving again. This also occurs when I switch between different programs...however only when i switch programs with the shortcut (alt+tab) This isn't a problem with my usb mouse though, so I know it's driver related. I've done all the updates and my synaptic driver is supposedly up to date...because i try downloading the drivers available in the download section and it says mine is a newer version. Can anyone please help me?     Oh and I'm on a y560p ideapad

Serial Port
shortyg83

Re: Touchpad freezes mouse briefly after switching programs or typing. Y560P Ideapad

Turn down the sensitivity on your track pad. Most likely all the way off. Otherwise it blocks you from moving the mouse while typing.
Blue Screen Again
TheBrownBoss

Re: Touchpad freezes mouse briefly after switching programs or typing. Y560P Ideapad

My sensitivity is set to default, and hasn't changed since the problem.  I've tried tweaking with all the mouse settings, and have not been successful with any of them.

Serial Port
shortyg83

Your are not listening. Do not set sensitivity to default. there is a setting to detect your wrist on the palm rest while typing it has a sensitivity meter so that you cannot move your mouse while typing. you need to set it to 0

Blue Screen Again
TheBrownBoss

Oh I didn't realize you were talking about the actual driver settings. This worked! I really appreciate the help, thank you so much!

Serial Port
shortyg83

No problem glad it worked for ya.