Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
nicklapenna

Touchpad

I have been using a mouse for 16 years.

I now have a new Y710 and have difficulty using the Touchpad. Where can I find instructions?

When I touch the right hand side I get a verticle toggle to scroll, but I do not know how to control the scroll.

When I touch a certain spot, (3/4 of the way accross and 3/4 of the way down) I get a horizontal toggle to scroll, but again I do not know how to control it.

I suspect the problem is my not knowing where or how to find instructions, but, perhaps there is something wrong with this otherwise wonderful machine.

Thank you.

802.11n
plutos

Re: Touchpad

I have a Y510, but I suspect the software used will be similar.

To find a list of functions for the touchpad, go to start-> control panel ->  mouse (it's listed under hardware and sound).

In the window that poped up, go to the last panel (device settings), and click on settings withSynaptics touchpad selected.

Here, you will get a list of the functions available to you from the touchpad. The scrolling effect is listed under "Virtual scrolling". Click on it to view its descriptions including instructions on operating it. Open up the tree to see more options such as increasing/decreasing the region that will activate the scrolling option.

Fanfold Paper
nicklapenna

Re: Touchpad

My touchpad "works" as it should.....I just was not communicating properly with it.

Thank you so much for "pointing" the way for me!

It is as if I found a gold mine......now I really appreciate the value of the touchpad.

Thank you again for having taken the time to respond.

Ciao!