Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
jeepin06
Accepted Solution

U300s: Cover is flexing..

[ Edited ]

Just got a new U300s and love it! The only thing i am wondering about is the cover flexing. Anyone find this, when the laptop is closed on the front near the lenovo logo the aluminum easily flexes inward?? Often time I go to pick it up and it flexes.

I am afraid it may lead to screen problems down the line

Thanks so much!

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: U300s: Cover is flexing..

Hello Jeepin06,

This is not the serious issue as it is just the logo which is pasted coming out

However, if you feel some issue with Lcd display then get it check with service center.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
jeepin06

No it's not the logo itself it is in that general area...the aluminum cover easily flexes inward causing ripples on the screen
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

jeepin06,

I tried a U300s in the lab today and I do see what you mean -  with the lid closed, you can flex the top of the lid in the right front corner where the logo is, and toward the center of the LCD.  The rest of the lid seems comparatively very solid.

But, with the lid open, I am unable to create any deflection of the LCD to produce a round area of distortion corresponding to my finger unless I also support the edge of the LCD to keep it from moving.  In other words, if I squeeze the assembly with a reasonable amount of force, I can see an area opposite my finger, however the amount of force appears far greater than one would reasonable apply opening or closing the system.  I can't see any effects on the LCD while opening / closing.

The ultrabooks are deliberately thin and light.  Perhaps the cover could be made thicker  to eliminate this, but  likely at the  penalty of either weight or thickness which would somewhat defeat the point of the design.  Maybe some filler material could be added to fill this space in the lid and make it feel more rigid?

I don't see this as a problem, but definitely a fair observation and something that might affect the perception of how robust the design is.   Definitely appreciate your feedback - will share with the ultrabook team.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
jeepin06

Thanks for the feedback on an awesome ultrabook!