Search instead for 
Do you mean 
topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 352
Solutions: 238

Re: U300s WiFi Issues

[ Edited ]

http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides/U300_U300s_U400_ug_en.pdf

Page 1 number 2 points to wireless antenna being in that long hinge, but it also says "for select models only". That could mean those antenna are for a wwan module. Does the U300s have the wwan option?

Edit:  Looks like it has integrated wwan, so the antennas are probably in that long hinge.

I don't see  a disassembly video of the LCD panel. 

I went through the user thread over on NotebookReview and everybody I found over there said that wireless connectivity was okay.

It could be as Thorshammer said. It could be a disconnected antenna connector.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

topmahof wrote:

I don't see  a disassembly video of the LCD panel. 

It could be as Thorshammer said. It could be a disconnected antenna connector.

I concur. I saw no mention in the videos. Definitely not something a customer can investigate on their own.  Looks like a support call is needed.

What's DOS?
mitchartz

Alright thanks guys, now I just need to get some time to call them.

Guru
ExJamJus

@mitchartz,

Have you tried changing the setting in power management to increase the roaming aggressiveness?

I am currently using a U300s without WWAN. I do notice that the WLAN signal is "1 bar" less compared to the W520. Small price to pay for the "slimness" of the laptop?

However my WLAN is constantly connected and streams Youtube without any hitches.
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
What's DOS?
hymie

Just found this thread because I have been experiencing similar problem: poor signal strength until I'm within 20 feet or so. I did perform an unsactioned upgrade to an Intel 6230 card while I was upgrading to 8GB and I remember the antenna connectors being tricky. Now I have to open her back up to see if that's what it is... dang it!  I'll report back...