Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
t1b3r1u5

Re: U400 Touchpad Updates

Comongoose. $560 for a refurb i5 u400? That's pretty good. May I ask where you got it from? I'm in Canada but if it's an American site, I could get it ordered by a friend.

The latest drivers are certainly better. I feel a lot more comfortable using the touchpad now. Gestures are still very weak.

Fanfold Paper
comongoose

t1b3r1u5 I actually got it for $560 including tax from the lenovo outlet store.  I lucked out because I went to check back after I bought it a few hours later and they were completely sold out.  I must have caught a wave of the returned ones due to the trackpad issues.  Yea the driver makes this way better as the curser jumps around maybe 1/8 of the amount of times it did while typing before the update.  The two finger scrolling is still atrocious.  It seems like it is all or nothing.  I just wish there was a way to slow it down.  I barely pull my fingers down and it slides to the end of the page.  Do you know of anyways to fix this issue?  Also does anyone know of any way to get a two finger right click working?

Blue Screen Again
t1b3r1u5

Wow. I see it listed right now for that price. I'm really tempted to buy this and pick it up for this awesome price in the states when I go visit.

Comongoose, what is the difference between the refurbished and non-refurbished warranty? Can you extend it and is it international?

If there's a link with documentation regarding refurbished products, please post it as the site can be hard to navigate.

Thanks again for posting that.

Fanfold Paper
comongoose

from what I undestand the warranties are exactly the same.  I am not sure where the literature for this is, but a rep told me this once.  The y470 i had was refurbed and the warranty worked the same and they said i could also extend it.  For some reason those two u400 are about 70 bucks more than what i paid but still a great deal.  One is 14 bucks mores than the other.  I wonder what the difference is though.  You should call or contact them and see if the more expensive one has a synaptics trackpad.  If it does, jump on it!

Fanfold Paper
comongoose

I was curious so I found out the difference. apparently the cheaper one, which is the one I got for $526 before taxes does not have bluetooth and the other one does. This is weird because my computer does have bluetooth, but maybe they took it off? Also both touchpads are cypress and apparently there are no synaptic touchpads for the u400. i think some one fabricated this myth.
Fanfold Paper
rajking84

I tried finding similar cypress touchpads in other laptops from different manufacturers. I currently use the cypress touchpad driver V 2.3.6.26 for dell xps 15z. seems lot better than the old driver from lenovo(2.3.6.14). the trackpad options have palm rejection and scroll speed settings in it. only problem i am having is, i uninstaled the touchzone thingy so nomore 4 finger notepad or gallery and i couldnt find it anywhere. ( not sure 4 finger gestures work atall).

Fanfold Paper
comongoose

rajking84...brilliant, i thought about doing this but figure that the .28 version would be better as it came out this month. This is possibly the most **bleep**ed up thing i ever seen. they had the software since January and they just didn't offer it to lenovo for some reason. Its a million times better now. i would say it is as good as synaptics if not better! no more jumping cursor and i can actually scroll with two fingers...now this computer is amazing.
Blue Screen Again
t1b3r1u5

The driver provided by Dell that is mentioned by rajking84 is much better. The two-fingure scrolling is smooth and can be adjusted. Palm sensitivity can also be adjusted.

I have just discovered that my touchpad is slightly slanted such that the corner to the right and closest to me is a bit deeper than the rest of it.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just my touchpad?

Paper Tape
gnobes

I have tried all of the drivers (shipped, .28, and dell). The best I have seen so far is to just uninstall everything and set the speed to low... this is unacceptible though. My issue is that the touch pad is erratic. I can deal with the touch pad being sensetive and having issues where your palm rubs against it as i make sure to keep my palms away but once i turn up the settings to make the mouse move faster it jumps all over the place!

I had better luck on my Samsung N310 netbook that I am replacing with this u400 and it was less than half the price of this notebook. I understand that its not the touchpad that causes the price difference (rather, everything else in this notebook as its quite nice minus the touchpad issues).

I am currently running with all of the drivers uninstalled. I will try once more to uninstall the device, then install the latest drivers and see if this resolves it.

Care to elaborate on exactly what it is that you did (step by step) to resolve your issues?

Ill post back if I can find some type of settings that work better for me.

Blue Screen Again
t1b3r1u5

[ Edited ]

gnobes, I'm using the Dell xps 14z drivers as they seem to work much better. They have palm rejection settings. I can now have the touchpad at max sensitivity and max speed, without it ruining my typing. This is a huge improvement on the usability. 

Scrolling works alright. Nowhere near the level of MacOS scrolling but it's acceptable.

The only downside to the Dell driver is that the four finger gestures and continued motion do not seem to work.

On that note, I still think that there should be updated drivers specifially for this model.