Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
cubs4life1998

USB issue Lenovo y550p

When I initially purchased my lenovo y550p, both USB ports were working properly.  After about a month, I noticed my USB mouse would periodically stop working.   This would typically happen after waking my computer from sleep.  The USB mouse would completely lose power.  I use a cooler in my other USB port and swapped ports to test functioning.  The mouse continued to not work while the cooler maintained proper function.   I purchased a new mouse (win 7 compatible) and the problem has persisted.  The USB port continues to power both the cooler and mouse (unlike initially).  When I insert the mouse or cooler, messages like "USB device not recognized" pop up and all troubleshooting through the unknown device fail.  The cooler functions fine while the mouse (with power) just does not work.  I've manually installed mouse drivers (which installed automatically the first time I plugged it in), uninstalled and reinstalled the USB port drivers, powered off and removed the battery for a length of time, updated BIOS and chipset drivers, and even reinstalled windows 7.  Everything is up to date and it still does not work properly.  I may end up buying a bluetooth mouse but there is still something wrong with the USB.  Thanks for the help.

Blue Screen Again
callsignapollo

Re: USB issue Lenovo y550p

Hi. I have a similar issue with USB and Windows sleep on my U160.

Maybe it's a chipset issue?

You can see my thread here.

PS. the Cubs suck. Go Cards!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: USB issue Lenovo y550p

right click my computer > manage > device management > mouse and keyboards > find your device > double click > on power management tab, make sure "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com