Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
TheEvilMuffin

Unusual Sleep Problem Lenovo U400

Hi I'm new to this community but I have identified a small (but annoying) problem with my U400.

So heres the problem:

When I close the lid, the computer goes to sleep all nice and fine.  It's really awesome.

Then, if I place my laptop in my backpack and wait, I take it out again to find that the computer is in fact, not in sleep mode. 

The computer's lid is closed but the laptop's screen is open to the log in screen for windows.

Now, at first I thought this to be a software issue where there was a bug that somehow prevented my computer from going to sleep.

BUT, after some testing, I identified the problem being that the lid of the laptop bends just enough that when it is in my bag, the lid brushes one of the keys on the keyboard and wakes the laptop from sleep.  I tested this while my laptop was in my backpack and while it was out on the table.  Pressing down on the lid with slight pressure brought the power light at the lower left to full.  A blinking light means that the computer is asleep while a solid light means that the laptop is awake and using much more power than necessary.

I just want to know if anyone has some sort of solution to this problem.  Is there some sort of program that prevents the keyboard from waking the computer if the lid is closed or something similar?

Thanks in advance.

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: Unusual Sleep Problem Lenovo U400

Maybe check BIOS setup for any power settings?
(F2 key at boot)

Some laptops have a setting to disable wake on KB,
I don't know if the U400 does or not.
What's DOS?
TheEvilMuffin

Well I looked and didnt find any option in the bios.  I might have missed it but I doubt it.  I tried disabling the option for keyboard waking the computer within the device properties but when I tested it, the keyboard could still wake the computer. I'm not sure what to do.

Retired Guru
Duck3

Maybe set it to hibernate when lid closed
until solution is found.
What's DOS?
TheEvilMuffin

Thats what I'm doing for now.  But the difference between hibernate starting up and waking form sleep is pretty substantial.  It's an annoyance...