Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
darkos85

Upgrade question for Y650!

Hello,

I own Lenovo IdeaPad Y650. Does anybody know what could be upgraded (hardware), if anything? Oh, and what are the exact potential benefits of having too much ram (4 GB) if I barely ever reach 2 despite of using Adobe Photoshop, and medium-intensive games, etc... Would adding more RAM be beneficial to my Intel Graphics Card?

Thank you all in advance,

HDMI
ryukensfj

Re: Upgrade question for Y650!

[ Edited ]

darkos85 wrote:

Hello,

I own Lenovo IdeaPad Y650. Does anybody know what could be upgraded (hardware), if anything? Oh, and what are the exact potential benefits of having too much ram (4 GB) if I barely ever reach 2 despite of using Adobe Photoshop, and medium-intensive games, etc... Would adding more RAM be beneficial to my Intel Graphics Card?

Thank you all in advance,

I think you meant Y560... anyways if you barely even reach 2GB then added more ram would not really benifit you. Also I believe there are only 2 slots for the ram which there are already 2 2GB modules in there so in order to add more ram you need to get a 4GB module and replace the 2GB modules in there. Not worth the money in your situation.

Lenovo Ideapad Y560 - 06462AU (Black)
Fanfold Paper
darkos85

Thanks for the reply,

No, I do have IdeaPad Y650. :manwink:

HDMI
ryukensfj

LOL sorry about that, it's late and I guess I'm getting sleepy. They are discontinued on Lenovo.com. But after googling it I apologize.

Lenovo Ideapad Y560 - 06462AU (Black)
Community Moderator
yigit

for 8gb ram, you also need to upgrade your operation system from 32 bit to 64 bit.

if you have only intel graphic adapters, i don't think it support all of the new games because of the graphic card performance.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Fanfold Paper
darkos85

Hello again,

I do have a 64-bit operating system, and even my BIOS is flashed to the ultimate firmware. But, my question wasn't specifically about the RAM, but also, for any upgrade possible. What else could be upgraded: what kind of SSD, Graphics Card etc.

Thank you,

Community Moderator
yigit

i don't think it's possible to upgrade graphic card, but you can take a look at this thread for upgrading hard disk

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com